Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 27, 2013
11:24:48 PM
View profile
Transfer account does not work, but they charge to me and my friend together.

Since I had to move to another city, I was trying to disconnect my U-service. But, the customer service recommended me to transfer my account to my friend since my friend had a plan to move to my apartment. Thus, I asked them how to do the precedure. Then, they let me know how to do it, and I made up my pin and transfer my account and pin to him. Therefore, my friend filled out his information and made up his acocunt using my pin. I thought my whole financial responsibility had moved to him. It was about 1.5 or 2 month ago. 

However, I realized that they still charge me about the service, and I have a balance in my account. It was about a few week after my friend and I submitted the transfer service. Therefore, I called the customer service and I said that I want to cancel the servie. However, they again told me that the procedure hasn't done, and you can transfer the serive to your friend, and sorry about my inconvenience. So. I again gave a chance to transfer the service. Then, my friend again called them, and he finally said to me that all the precedure is set. 

Yesterday, I got the email and phonecall from ATT. They said that I got past due panalty. My balance is 41 and they charged me another 41. Since I moved out to another city, I do not have an alternative address, and I do not have any chance to look at my account. Also, I thought all transfer procedure has been done, but it is still somewhere around. Thus, eventhough I haven't had lived there for one and half month, but I still have to pay the bill and even the panalty. 

Today, I forced myself and paid the bill. And I told my friend that the transferring staff has benn resolved, and I don't anymore believe them. Also, I am afraid that we cannot make the transferring and I have to pay again and again. So, I announced my friend that I might have to cut off the service. But, about an hour later, my friend called me that his account also shows $82.00. Which means ATT actually charges both of us. It is nonsense. They said the transfer service hasn't been done, which means they cannot charge to him, but they did. OR, if they have finished the transfer service, then. there is no reason to charge to me. 

I do not live the place where ATT provides the internet, so that I cannot get any information regarding to transfer and pastdue payment. Also, they haven't sent any notice to my friend, but just asking money. Their inability costs to the customers, and even be angle to the customers. 

I have tried to reach the customer service, but I couldn't do anything since I have a pastdue balance. Without paying it, even I cannot talk to them. Also, in any way, I have a chance to talk. they are trying to tranferring my call to other departments again and again. 

I am so deeply disappointed their service. It is not the only one.

When I tried to make a new account and connect to their service, I had a modem. So, I asked them I dont want to buy new modem. Then, they clearly said that they will not send one and charge the price. However, they charged the price and send one. 

Therefore, I have to send it back to ATT. So, I called the return service section. They said they will email me the number for the return. However, I do not have a return number which I had to fill in the front of the box. So, I had to call them and asked one. They said that they will send it again, but it was not again. So, I had to write it on by myself. 

And I went to UPS in order to return the modem because they said I need to go there and they will take care of it. So, I went there. You know what happend? UPS people said that you have to go USPS instead of UPS. I clearly chekc up twice since the return receipt instructed me I need to go USPS, but the customer service said UPS is the correct one. TWICE!!. In UPS, they said it happend quite often. Just go USPS please. So, I had to go USPS again. 

I am using ATT service a little bit around 6 months. And this is the worst experience in my whole life. Alos, I don't understand how they can let their customer be disappointed and never use their service again. 

Since I had to move to another city, I was trying to disconnect my U-service. But, the customer service recommended me to transfer my account to my friend since my friend had a plan to move to my apartment. Thus, I asked them how to do the precedure. Then, they let me know how to do it, and I made up my pin and transfer my account and pin to him. Therefore, my friend filled out his information and made up his acocunt using my pin. I thought my whole financial responsibility had moved to him. It was about 1.5 or 2 month ago. 

However, I realized that they still charge me about the service, and I have a balance in my account. It was about a few week after my friend and I submitted the transfer service. Therefore, I called the customer service and I said that I want to cancel the servie. However, they again told me that the procedure hasn't done, and you can transfer the serive to your friend, and sorry about my inconvenience. So. I again gave a chance to transfer the service. Then, my friend again called them, and he finally said to me that all the precedure is set. 

Yesterday, I got the email and phonecall from ATT. They said that I got past due panalty. My balance is 41 and they charged me another 41. Since I moved out to another city, I do not have an alternative address, and I do not have any chance to look at my account. Also, I thought all transfer procedure has been done, but it is still somewhere around. Thus, eventhough I haven't had lived there for one and half month, but I still have to pay the bill and even the panalty. 

Today, I forced myself and paid the bill. And I told my friend that the transferring staff has benn resolved, and I don't anymore believe them. Also, I am afraid that we cannot make the transferring and I have to pay again and again. So, I announced my friend that I might have to cut off the service. But, about an hour later, my friend called me that his account also shows $82.00. Which means ATT actually charges both of us. It is nonsense. They said the transfer service hasn't been done, which means they cannot charge to him, but they did. OR, if they have finished the transfer service, then. there is no reason to charge to me. 

I do not live the place where ATT provides the internet, so that I cannot get any information regarding to transfer and pastdue payment. Also, they haven't sent any notice to my friend, but just asking money. Their inability costs to the customers, and even be angle to the customers. 

I have tried to reach the customer service, but I couldn't do anything since I have a pastdue balance. Without paying it, even I cannot talk to them. Also, in any way, I have a chance to talk. they are trying to tranferring my call to other departments again and again. 

I am so deeply disappointed their service. It is not the only one.

When I tried to make a new account and connect to their service, I had a modem. So, I asked them I dont want to buy new modem. Then, they clearly said that they will not send one and charge the price. However, they charged the price and send one. 

Therefore, I have to send it back to ATT. So, I called the return service section. They said they will email me the number for the return. However, I do not have a return number which I had to fill in the front of the box. So, I had to call them and asked one. They said that they will send it again, but it was not again. So, I had to write it on by myself. 

And I went to UPS in order to return the modem because they said I need to go there and they will take care of it. So, I went there. You know what happend? UPS people said that you have to go USPS instead of UPS. I clearly chekc up twice since the return receipt instructed me I need to go USPS, but the customer service said UPS is the correct one. TWICE!!. In UPS, they said it happend quite often. Just go USPS please. So, I had to go USPS again. 

I am using ATT service a little bit around 6 months. And this is the worst experience in my whole life. Alos, I don't understand how they can let their customer be disappointed and never use their service again. 

Transfer account does not work, but they charge to me and my friend together.

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2013 5:40:06 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Please include your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. It may take up to 48 hours for them to respond and please take into account weekends when contacting them.  

Customer care is not the same as customer service. They are a dedicated escalation team that gets issues resolved when other means have failed.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Please include your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. It may take up to 48 hours for them to respond and please take into account weekends when contacting them.  

Customer care is not the same as customer service. They are a dedicated escalation team that gets issues resolved when other means have failed.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Transfer account does not work, but they charge to me and my friend together.

2 of 2 (340 Views)