Total Home DVR Issues: Day 2 of Service

Tutor

Total Home DVR Issues: Day 2 of Service

I just had UVerse TV installed yesterday and have had multiple problems already.

First, Both my TVs could not be watching HD at the same time. That is finally resolved as of this afternoon.

Second, my DVR will not let me record certain shows because of conflicts, but there are not any!

Third, there are only 2 shows recording in HD right now and it will not let me watch TV in HD????

Help Please!!

Message 1 of 7 (388 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Total Home DVR Issues: Day 2 of Service

Which RG, what is your max internet available at your address, are you in a multi dwelling unit?
Can you,download http://www.uvrealtime.com/ and post screen shots?

Uverse IPTV offers 4 streams the type of streams depends on profile (distance from VRAD)
The 32/5 or bonded 55/6 offers 4 HD feeds, can watch 4 HD depending on area can record either 4HD or 3HD/1SD
The 25/2 profile is longer loop distance (over 2200 feet) on either single pair or bonded pair offers 3HD/1SD inputs..
And last the 19M profile over 3000 feet single pair due to,MDU offers 2HD/2SD inputs.

It sounds as if your on the 19M profile, if in an apartment complex at long distance that is the limitation. Can only watch or record 2 HD channels at once,the other two inputs would be SD.

Uvrealtime would show RG type, distance and provide more insight. It is possible you are not provision correctly, but it is also possible you are and thats the limits. Please post screen shots can offer more assistance, thank you.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 7 (365 Views)
Employee

Hello sngrimm,

The information that 'My Thoughts' posted is correct when it comes to how many HD streams a customer can recieve based on the distance from your home to the serving terminal in your neighborhood. I was able to locate your U-verse account and I noticed that you are currently on the 32/5 profile and like 'My Thoughts' described, you should be able to have the 4HD//0SD stream profile. Somehow at the time of install, you were lowered to the 2HD//2SD for some reason, which was incorrect, but I was able to upgrade you to the 4HD//0SD profile to help resolve this issue.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you notice any improvements. Smiley Happy

- MorganCS

- ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 7 (339 Views)
Tutor

Hi!!

Thank you so much! Whatever you did solved all of the problems I was having. I was chatting with a support person for almost 2 hours last time and they kept telling me they couldn't help me. I appreciate your help and understanding so much!

Sam

Message 4 of 7 (321 Views)
Tutor

Hi!!!

Thank you for the input, but all of what you said was way too technicaly for me to understand, but the other AT&T support person was able to fix the issues I have been having. Thanks for the explanation and insight!

Sam

Message 5 of 7 (320 Views)
Employee

That's fantastic! I'm glad to hear that resolved the issue. Feel free to let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Also, if you encounter any issues with your equipment in the future, check out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions. Thank you! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS

- ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
Message 6 of 7 (303 Views)
Expert

Sam, thank you for posting that your issue has been resolved.  If you ever have any questions, comments, or concerns feel free to post them here in the forum.  There are many people who are ready, willing, and able to offer you help in the form of information, resources, and solutions.  If they get too tedchnical ask them to explain.  Enjoy.

Message 7 of 7 (261 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.