Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 1, 2012
3:38:46 PM
View profile
Total Home DVR Conflict Resolution

Is there a way to make the conflict (of scheduled recordings) smarter?

I have 5 recordings that all need to happen at 7PM. Several of them happen at other times as well (SyFy and Cartoon Network both replay the same show several times). Why does it error instead of just identifying the resolution ("Oh I can record X in 2 hours).

My TiVos have always done this (7 years ago). I assume I am missing something somewhere?

PLEASE tell me I am missing something?

I have 5 recordings that all need to happen at 7PM. Several of them happen at other times as well (SyFy and Cartoon Network both replay the same show several times). Why does it error instead of just identifying the resolution ("Oh I can record X in 2 hours).

My TiVos have always done this (7 years ago). I assume I am missing something somewhere?

Total Home DVR Conflict Resolution

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2012 4:40:21 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

jaclsoft wrote:

You're not going to be able to record 5 programs at once.  You are limited to 4 streams and those can either be live or recording.  How many can be HD is determined by your profile.

The only solution is to see if one or more of the programs are being shown at a different time and choose that time to record.

And no, the DVR doesn't give you a solution (different time or SD option).  You have to figure that out yourself.

It is what it is.

jaclsoft wrote:

You're not going to be able to record 5 programs at once.  You are limited to 4 streams and those can either be live or recording.  How many can be HD is determined by your profile.

The only solution is to see if one or more of the programs are being shown at a different time and choose that time to record.

And no, the DVR doesn't give you a solution (different time or SD option).  You have to figure that out yourself.

It is what it is.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Total Home DVR Conflict Resolution

2 of 7 (782 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2012 4:55:30 PM
(0)
Contributor

Right, I knew 4 was the max. I was hoping there was something I was missing with regards to smarts about scheduling.

Anyone know of any hacks on the hardware that allow this?

Right, I knew 4 was the max. I was hoping there was something I was missing with regards to smarts about scheduling.

Anyone know of any hacks on the hardware that allow this?

3 of 7 (775 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2012 3:44:49 PM
(0)
Mentor

Just one of many things that others have had for years and UVERSE doesn't have.

Just one of many things that others have had for years and UVERSE doesn't have.

4 of 7 (706 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2012 4:47:25 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

If anyone does they haven't posted it. I have days when 5 shows air at the same time that I want to record.  I just setup series recordings of one or two of rebroadcasts of those shows and resolve it that way.

If anyone does they haven't posted it. I have days when 5 shows air at the same time that I want to record.  I just setup series recordings of one or two of rebroadcasts of those shows and resolve it that way.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 7 (697 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 1:27:11 PM
(0)
Contributor

This is something that ATT should look into.  I come from Dish Network and they TOO had priorities so that if there are five potential recordings and ONE of the recordings has a later airing, it automatically moves that recording to later.  BECAUSE ATT doesn't have priorities, nor does it even have an option to set up a recording to always record at a later air and not only the very first airing, it makes things very difficult.  All the other cable companies seem to have the programming to achieve this.

This is something that ATT should look into.  I come from Dish Network and they TOO had priorities so that if there are five potential recordings and ONE of the recordings has a later airing, it automatically moves that recording to later.  BECAUSE ATT doesn't have priorities, nor does it even have an option to set up a recording to always record at a later air and not only the very first airing, it makes things very difficult.  All the other cable companies seem to have the programming to achieve this.

6 of 7 (346 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 2:09:07 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
jonasbrother - In U-verse you can prioritize which show wins over the other on a simple list found under menu recordings series series priority. But, the loser is not rescheduled.
jonasbrother - In U-verse you can prioritize which show wins over the other on a simple list found under menu recordings series series priority. But, the loser is not rescheduled.

7 of 7 (340 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments