Time to cut the cord?

Highlighted
Voyager

Time to cut the cord?

I've been a Uverse TV & internet customer for over 5 years and have some promotions expiring in about a week so I gave them a call yesterday.  Suffice it to say their "customer retention" was found to be an oxymoron.  The incentives they offered were maybe $20 off the retail price of U200 & Max internet meaning my bill would still be going up about 25%. I also am an AT&T wireless customer so I spend over $250 a month with AT&T so I was more than a little peeved with that.

Anyone have some thoughts?  I'm not willing to continue to spend that kind of money while brand new customers get about $60 off a month plus reward debit cards.

Message 1 of 6 (812 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Time to cut the cord?

[ Edited ]

Shop around and have a new deal from whoever you may switch to in hand. Call rentention and say that I'm switching to X company for this level of service for $Y amount unless U-Verse is able to offer a comparable deal.  

If they cannot offer a satisfying offer be prepared to walk away and switch providers.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (799 Views)
Voyager

I'm prepared to go internet only at this point.  Evaluating the value of U200 for about $100/month when you factor in HD and receivers it's not worth anywhere near that amount.

The fact that they value existing customers so little in comparison to new ones is ridiculous.  It's always cheaper to retain paying custmers than attract new ones.

Message 3 of 6 (728 Views)
Community Support

Hi houston2003,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you soon.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Message 4 of 6 (680 Views)
Tutor

Houston2003,

How did this work out?

RobinCB

Message 5 of 6 (159 Views)
ACE - Expert

RobinCB wrote:

Houston2003,

How did this work out?

RobinCB

Asking someone from a 3 year old thread, don't think you'll get an answer.

I can give you an answer though, if you don't watch any sports it might be better to cut the cord.  But if sports are in the mix, probably will have to stay w/Uverse TV or another provider. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 6 (150 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.