Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 7, 2014
2:57:08 PM
Time overlap/conflict resolutions

There should be a feature (like a message popup) whenever there is a recording conflict. I know it will show the conflict if you go under redordings tab. Maybe there could be a standby screen (similar to notifications on an iphone) or something to that effect that will alert you of any conflicts that need to be resolved. Also in regards to recording conflicts, I sometimes get them when a show is overlapping by a minute or 2. Example 1 show recording at 8PM until 9:01PM. 4 other shows recording at 9PM. One of the 9PM recordings will not record due to the time overlap with the recording at 8PM. There should be an option to either start a recording later or end it early in order to overcome these recording conflicts.

There should be a feature (like a message popup) whenever there is a recording conflict. I know it will show the conflict if you go under redordings tab. Maybe there could be a standby screen (similar to notifications on an iphone) or something to that effect that will alert you of any conflicts that need to be resolved. Also in regards to recording conflicts, I sometimes get them when a show is overlapping by a minute or 2. Example 1 show recording at 8PM until 9:01PM. 4 other shows recording at 9PM. One of the 9PM recordings will not record due to the time overlap with the recording at 8PM. There should be an option to either start a recording later or end it early in order to overcome these recording conflicts.

Time overlap/conflict resolutions

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2014 3:39:29 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
cregacho - I record most shows that I watch & have not seen your problem. There were only a couple of other reports of similar experience, That said, it would seem like there could be an auto process to handle an overlap. THe choive of cut the old or the new could be available per show. Like priority. Perhaps the existing priority could be used to decide which to cut short.
cregacho - I record most shows that I watch & have not seen your problem. There were only a couple of other reports of similar experience, That said, it would seem like there could be an auto process to handle an overlap. THe choive of cut the old or the new could be available per show. Like priority. Perhaps the existing priority could be used to decide which to cut short.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Time overlap/conflict resolutions

2 of 3 (171 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2014 3:45:33 PM
(0)
Tutor

I haven't had this issue generally since I can record 4 shows at once. I know the show it won't record is because the other recordings have higher priority. Again, rather than not recording the show due to the 1 minute overlap, I would think there could be an option to either start the recording late or end the other recording early. I believe Windows Media Center had this as an option.

I haven't had this issue generally since I can record 4 shows at once. I know the show it won't record is because the other recordings have higher priority. Again, rather than not recording the show due to the 1 minute overlap, I would think there could be an option to either start the recording late or end the other recording early. I believe Windows Media Center had this as an option.

Re: Time overlap/conflict resolutions

3 of 3 (169 Views)