Thunderbird Send Transaction failed : Cannot send message due to possible abuse

Contributor

Thunderbird Send Transaction failed : Cannot send message due to possible abuse

Beginning June 8th, I started receiving the the following error when sending email via the Thunderbird email client:

An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:  
Transaction failed : Cannot send message due to possible abuse;
please visit http://postmaster.yahoo.com/abuse_smtp.html for more information.
Please check the message and try again.

I had already applied the non-white background work around from this Forum post and Thunderbird had been working fine for a couple of years. Then yesterday I suddenly started seeing the error.  Apparently others are reporting the issue.  Here is a work around from the Yahoo Community Group:

A temporary fix: When writing an email, re-type your email address in the REPLY TO field. For some reason this seems to work.

From reading various messages around the web it appears to be a Yahoo problem.

AT&T was scheduling an update of the email experience starting June 10.  It looks like they mis-configured something.

I hope this helps until AT&T gets the issue resolved with Yahoo.

Message 1 of 3 (930 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Thunderbird Send Transaction failed : Cannot send message due to possible abuse

You'd be better off just getting a gmail account.  Then go on webmail and forward all the ATT/Yahoo email to the gmail acct.  No problem w/Pop and SMTP at gmail. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (918 Views)
Contributor

Re: Thunderbird Send Transaction failed : Cannot send message due to possible abuse

[ Edited ]

Manually retyping the Reply to field did fix this problem which appeared after almost 5 months using U-verse. Duh.

Message 3 of 3 (334 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.