Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Feb 17, 2014
5:33:04 PM
View profile
Thinking about switching to uverse

Hello, i am currently an at&t dsl internet customer. I currently have dish network for my tv. I am looking into getting uverse tv, i have some questions though. 

1- If i go with uverse tv, would i need to go with uverse internet, or can i stay with my dsl? 

2-whats the difference between the dsl and uverse internet since they have pretty much the same speed? 

3- I recently bought from the at&t store a modem/router for my internet, since my old modem kick the bucket, can i keep this modem/router, if i do get att uverse internet?

4- with my dish network, i currently have 3 tv's setup with the dish. 1 tv that is in the basement, is mirrored with a room upstairs. Can i do the same thing with uverse, that is have 2 tvs on a reciever and mirror a 3rd one with one of the tv's that are on a reciever, if that makes sense?

Hello, i am currently an at&t dsl internet customer. I currently have dish network for my tv. I am looking into getting uverse tv, i have some questions though. 

1- If i go with uverse tv, would i need to go with uverse internet, or can i stay with my dsl? 

2-whats the difference between the dsl and uverse internet since they have pretty much the same speed? 

3- I recently bought from the at&t store a modem/router for my internet, since my old modem kick the bucket, can i keep this modem/router, if i do get att uverse internet?

4- with my dish network, i currently have 3 tv's setup with the dish. 1 tv that is in the basement, is mirrored with a room upstairs. Can i do the same thing with uverse, that is have 2 tvs on a reciever and mirror a 3rd one with one of the tv's that are on a reciever, if that makes sense?

Thinking about switching to uverse

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 17, 2014 5:57:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
pwf269 -
1. No, one or the other. DSL is being phased out & you may be asked to switch because of that.

2. Depending on distance to VRAD, you may be eligible for much higher speeds with U-verse.

3. If you have TV you will rent the modem.router. If just internet it most likely be a different modem/router than you have now.

4.You can mirror multiple TVs on the same receiver. But, each receiver has only one "tuner" so you cannot have two non-mirrored TVs on the same receiver. Also, the remote is IR, so you can only change channel in the room, unless you go for an RF remote such as - URC RF10 or RF20.

Here is way to mirror with HDMI - http://sewelldirect.com/Sewell-HDMI-1x2-Splitter-v13b.asp?ad_source=GoogleAdWords&ad_medium=PPC&ad_t...
pwf269 -
1. No, one or the other. DSL is being phased out & you may be asked to switch because of that.

2. Depending on distance to VRAD, you may be eligible for much higher speeds with U-verse.

3. If you have TV you will rent the modem.router. If just internet it most likely be a different modem/router than you have now.

4.You can mirror multiple TVs on the same receiver. But, each receiver has only one "tuner" so you cannot have two non-mirrored TVs on the same receiver. Also, the remote is IR, so you can only change channel in the room, unless you go for an RF remote such as - URC RF10 or RF20.

Here is way to mirror with HDMI - http://sewelldirect.com/Sewell-HDMI-1x2-Splitter-v13b.asp?ad_source=GoogleAdWords&ad_medium=PPC&ad_term=HDMI%20%2Bsplitter&ad_campaign=5
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Thinking about switching to uverse

2 of 2 (294 Views)