Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Feb 7, 2014
11:35:10 PM
View profile
They sent me a smaller box?
The replacement equipment they sent me looked exactly the same as the old box but smaller. And it says I can't record anything because the DVR is unplugged or resetting. Did they send me the wrong thing?
The replacement equipment they sent me looked exactly the same as the old box but smaller. And it says I can't record anything because the DVR is unplugged or resetting. Did they send me the wrong thing?

They sent me a smaller box?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2014 5:03:40 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Reetha - Maybe, maybe not.

Were you replacing the DVR?? Are you seeing this message on the DVR or another box??

What is the model number of the old one & the new one.

You can try a whole house reboot - pull the power on all your u-verse boxes.
Restore RG, wait for all green.
Restore DVR, wait for viewing.
Restore other STBs.
Reetha - Maybe, maybe not.

Were you replacing the DVR?? Are you seeing this message on the DVR or another box??

What is the model number of the old one & the new one.

You can try a whole house reboot - pull the power on all your u-verse boxes.
Restore RG, wait for all green.
Restore DVR, wait for viewing.
Restore other STBs.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: They sent me a smaller box?

2 of 6 (210 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2014 9:14:23 AM
(0)
Tutor
The broken box model number is VIP1225 and the one they sent me is VIP1200
The broken box model number is VIP1225 and the one they sent me is VIP1200

3 of 6 (193 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2014 9:31:05 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Reetha - Yeah, the 1225 is a DVR & the 1200 is not. You need to call in & have them send you a DVR.
Reetha - Yeah, the 1225 is a DVR & the 1200 is not. You need to call in & have them send you a DVR.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (191 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2014 9:56:59 AM
(0)
Tutor
Oh how convenient....... Now I get to waste more time alking to a machine until they give me the option to talk to a human to let them know they messed up. Just how I wanted to spend my Saturday!!

Thanks for your help.
Oh how convenient....... Now I get to waste more time alking to a machine until they give me the option to talk to a human to let them know they messed up. Just how I wanted to spend my Saturday!!

Thanks for your help.

5 of 6 (187 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2014 11:27:43 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
You could try for a chat on-line.
You could try for a chat on-line.

6 of 6 (179 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments