Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Oct 2, 2013
11:10:41 AM
The new AT&T U-Verse App for IPad is a small improvement but you still have a long way to go!

To AT&T team,

The new AT&T U-Verse App for IPad is a small improvement but you still have a long way to go!

I just download the app but from my perspective there is little use for it.  Let me explain.  I already have 6 receivers and HDTVs in my house including one wireless receiver. The ability to watch my recorded programs ONLY WHEN I AM CONNECTED TO THE AT&T Wi-fi on my IPAD is not high on my priority list.

As I stated on a previous posting the U-Verse App for the IPhone allows me to download programs to my IPhone and watch them on a plane while Airplane Mode in active. There is no similar feature on the IPad becuase of licensing issues.

Please continue to work on delivering the same service to the IPad.

Sincerely

Raul Gonzalez

To AT&T team,

I just download the app but from my perspective there is little use for it.  Let me explain.  I already have 6 receivers and HDTVs in my house including one wireless receiver. The ability to watch my recorded programs ONLY WHEN I AM CONNECTED TO THE AT&T Wi-fi on my IPAD is not high on my priority list.

As I stated on a previous posting the U-Verse App for the IPhone allows me to download programs to my IPhone and watch them on a plane while Airplane Mode in active. There is no similar feature on the IPad becuase of licensing issues.

Please continue to work on delivering the same service to the IPad.

Sincerely

Raul Gonzalez

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2013 11:13:36 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, Raul Gonzalez!

Welcome to the forums, and thank you for your post! We always appreciate feedback from our customers. I'll definitely forward this to the appropriate people.

In the meantime, please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns!

Thanks!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, Raul Gonzalez!

Welcome to the forums, and thank you for your post! We always appreciate feedback from our customers. I'll definitely forward this to the appropriate people.

In the meantime, please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns!

Thanks!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: The new AT&T U-Verse App for IPad is a small improvement but you still have a long way to go

2 of 4 (501 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2013 8:28:38 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Raul,

For you (and for me), watching live TV on a tablet in my home is not a big deal.  For others, it is a phenominally big deal.  Hey, I'm not sure why anyone would prefer a 10" iPad to a 42" (or larger) HD display, but apparently those people exist.  And Post.

I wish the content providers didn't see the iPhone and iPad as different platforms that can be licensed differently, but they do.  I wish that AT&T would view the Android platform as being as important as the iOS platform, but they don't.

Raul,

For you (and for me), watching live TV on a tablet in my home is not a big deal.  For others, it is a phenominally big deal.  Hey, I'm not sure why anyone would prefer a 10" iPad to a 42" (or larger) HD display, but apparently those people exist.  And Post.

I wish the content providers didn't see the iPhone and iPad as different platforms that can be licensed differently, but they do.  I wish that AT&T would view the Android platform as being as important as the iOS platform, but they don't.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: The new AT&T U-Verse App for IPad is a small improvement but you still have a long way to go

3 of 4 (317 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2013 9:57:38 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Oct 11, 2013 at 9:59:38 AM

JefferMC wrote:

Raul,

Welcome Raul (Don't be a stranger on the forums) and thanks for the insight, Jeffer!

I also feel that Android is treated like a Red Headed Step Child also but Windows Phone users must feel like they are in the Dog's house.

108 channels sounds cool but when you subtract the 88 channels that are "in home only," I don't see that as that big of a deal, considering the 3 rooms that i spend 90% of my free time in, already have STB's....

JefferMC wrote:

Raul,

Welcome Raul (Don't be a stranger on the forums) and thanks for the insight, Jeffer!

I also feel that Android is treated like a Red Headed Step Child also but Windows Phone users must feel like they are in the Dog's house.

108 channels sounds cool but when you subtract the 88 channels that are "in home only," I don't see that as that big of a deal, considering the 3 rooms that i spend 90% of my free time in, already have STB's....

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
4 of 4 (310 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments