Helpful Links

The last straw!

Tutor

The last straw!

I have been a long time AT&T customer...over 15 years. I switched to Uverse about 3 years ago and it has been a nightmare bait and switch since day one. My bill is NEVER right. I have had to call in almost every month for the entire 3 years to have my bill fixed and am on the phone a minimum of an hour each call. I am continually promised things will be fixed but they never are.

My problem began when an agent asked me about combining all of my services to an Uverse plan that could save me money. I let the agent know what my budget was and if I couldn't save a certain amount there was no reason to switch. Furthermore, I did not want to be on promotions to obtain the saving only to have the bill exceed my budget 12 months later. The agent informed me this was no problem and so the switch took place.

What he failed to tell me was that when I switched to Uverse my home phone was no longer billed as a landline, it was now billed per minute like a cell phone is. Imagine my surprise!!! From there things have just gone down hill. Broken promise after broken promise!!!

Today was the final straw!!! I was on the phone for 2 hours and informed they would no longer adjust my bill to the amount I agreed upon when my service was switched. And on top of that I am locked into a contract that I never agreed to! Even though they can send me no proof that I approved them to put me in a contract, they will not let me out of the contract and will report it to the credit bureau if I do not pay a cancel fee or fulfill my contract! It's not my fault that's the only way you can adjust a bill or fix an account!!!

As if the bait and switch tactics are not bad enough, it is so frustrating that a communication company has horrible communication. Each month I have had to repeat myself instead of agents being able to read the notes from the previous 30 calls; That a client's history doesn't follow them any longer than when they move and a new account is created (an operator today told me I had only had my account for a little over a year and I have been with AT&T over 15 years). It is frustrating that in order for an operator to fix your account they want you to go under contract with the latest and greatest promotion. It is horrible to sit on hold and be continually transferred to the wrong departments and have to repeat your story to every new person you speak to. Uhg!!!!

So AT&T that's fine, I will fulfill this contract but know you have lost a long time customer! You may make a little bit more off of me now but will lose more money in the long run.

Thanks for nothing!!

And by the way these are employees I spoke to today and should NOT be nominated for CSR's of the year...

Arlene

Christopher

Lola

Tory

Stacy

Brittney

HORRIBLE!

[edited for privacy]

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Master

Re: The last straw!

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.

Try this group.  They can investigate your issue and hopefully come up with a satisfactory resolution for you.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Community Manager

Re: The last straw!

Hello @samiam68 Welcome to the forums and thank you for posting.

I'm very sorry for the issues you're experiencing with your service and billing. Like BeeBeeSA suggested, if you can please send us a private message with your name, phone number and the best time you can be reached, one of our managers will be able to review your account and help.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Entertainment this holiday season!

Additional Support