Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 11, 2014
4:51:17 PM
View profile
The Weather Channel vs Directv

This thing is an interesting disbute the weather channel people saying it cost lives if they drop channel Directv says there other ways to get weather info .

This thing is an interesting disbute the weather channel people saying it cost lives if they drop channel Directv says there other ways to get weather info .

The Weather Channel vs Directv

11 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(11)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2014 5:01:08 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I don't get the "it will cost lives" argument.  If there is a weather emergency in your area, the best source of information will be your local broadcast channels not the Weather Channel.

I don't get the "it will cost lives" argument.  If there is a weather emergency in your area, the best source of information will be your local broadcast channels not the Weather Channel.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: The Weather Channel vs Directv

2 of 12 (459 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2014 6:29:25 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Or the EBS alerts, or...

Or the EBS alerts, or...

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 12 (438 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2014 8:14:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

texasguy37 wrote:

I agree.  I can't think of more than 1 or 2 times in the last 20 years I've even turned The Weather Channel on. If there is severe enough weather on, I tune into my local stations, the computer or radio.  TWC is the last place I'd turn to for severe weather in my area.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

texasguy37 wrote:

I agree.  I can't think of more than 1 or 2 times in the last 20 years I've even turned The Weather Channel on. If there is severe enough weather on, I tune into my local stations, the computer or radio.  TWC is the last place I'd turn to for severe weather in my area.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

4 of 12 (415 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2014 8:32:56 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by siouxmoux on Jan 11, 2014 at 8:34:14 PM

I would rather watch Weather Nation over the Weather Channel anyday. Since this network is becoming an 24/7 Reality channel rather  than a Real Weather Channel. So if there  More people out of job from rubbish Reality TV show. this is Good Thing.

I would rather watch Weather Nation over the Weather Channel anyday. Since this network is becoming an 24/7 Reality channel rather  than a Real Weather Channel. So if there  More people out of job from rubbish Reality TV show. this is Good Thing.

Frankie Say... You Can find me North http://7vmy.sl.pt South http://7vn0.sl.pt East http://7vn2.sl.pt and West http://7vn3.sl.pt Soulseek ID 80newwave

[ Edited ]
5 of 12 (409 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2014 9:18:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Jan 11, 2014 at 9:18:37 PM

"Critical," "Life Saving" it all equates to simple marketing.  It sounds better than "Direct, DIRECT, please re-sign with us.  Please?  PLEASE?!"

"Critical," "Life Saving" it all equates to simple marketing.  It sounds better than "Direct, DIRECT, please re-sign with us.  Please?  PLEASE?!"

[ Edited ]
6 of 12 (404 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2014 10:29:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

texasguy37 wrote:

texasguy37 wrote:

I recorded several plane crash shows off there late last year.

If I want weather news, I Google "weather zipcode#" or turn my local news broadcast on.

texasguy37 wrote:

texasguy37 wrote:

I recorded several plane crash shows off there late last year.

If I want weather news, I Google "weather zipcode#" or turn my local news broadcast on.

7 of 12 (378 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2014 8:38:18 AM
(0)
Tutor

To be honest this is one of the main reasons I switched from D* to Uverse was the fact that it had a channel 227 for local weather the weather channel has really jumped the shark with all the reality stuff as well as their over dramatazation of every thunderstorm, all D* had was the weather channel and I guess they won't have that soon althought these things always seem to get worked out at the 11th hour

To be honest this is one of the main reasons I switched from D* to Uverse was the fact that it had a channel 227 for local weather the weather channel has really jumped the shark with all the reality stuff as well as their over dramatazation of every thunderstorm, all D* had was the weather channel and I guess they won't have that soon althought these things always seem to get worked out at the 11th hour

8 of 12 (349 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2014 2:38:16 PM
(0)
Mentor

What so you don't like the new naming of winter storms now, I believe we're in the T's with February and March still to go. Or Al Roker standing in a foot of water after an hurricane/tornado telling us it unsafe and there may be down powerlines, even though the people who need that info, most likely have no electricity/cable to watch him.

If At&t ever drops the TWC my wives and I will be very disappointed that we can no longer watch Wake Up w/ Al and meteorologist Stephanie Abrams!!! We really enjoy their programming and I especially love looking forward to watching the "Highway Thru Helll" series, starring Jamie Davis. My wives and I subscribe to the most expensive TV package U-verse offers (U450latino) and don't feel we should have to go out of our way to find weather forecast when we could just watch "On the 8's" on TWC. Is there anything veiwers can do to make their voices heard if they would like to see this channel stay?

I'm already getting pressure from one of my wives to drop At&t and switch back to Comcast to get the Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel.

What so you don't like the new naming of winter storms now, I believe we're in the T's with February and March still to go. Or Al Roker standing in a foot of water after an hurricane/tornado telling us it unsafe and there may be down powerlines, even though the people who need that info, most likely have no electricity/cable to watch him.

If At&t ever drops the TWC my wives and I will be very disappointed that we can no longer watch Wake Up w/ Al and meteorologist Stephanie Abrams!!! We really enjoy their programming and I especially love looking forward to watching the "Highway Thru Helll" series, starring Jamie Davis. My wives and I subscribe to the most expensive TV package U-verse offers (U450latino) and don't feel we should have to go out of our way to find weather forecast when we could just watch "On the 8's" on TWC. Is there anything veiwers can do to make their voices heard if they would like to see this channel stay?

I'm already getting pressure from one of my wives to drop At&t and switch back to Comcast to get the Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel.

9 of 12 (313 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2014 2:43:29 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by dwinth on Jan 12, 2014 at 2:52:14 PM

kgraham182 wrote:

aWhat so you don't like the new naming of winter storms now, I believe we're in the T's with February nd March still to go. Or Al Roker standing in a foot of water after an hurricane/tornado telling us it unsafe and there may be down powerlines, even though the people who need that info, most likely have no electricity/cable to watch him.

Lucky guy. How many wives do you have, and how do you manage it?

Where are you getting your information that AT&T is dropping the weather channel? There is not any notice indicating that.

Who are you responding to in regards to someone not liking the naming of winter storms?

Please respond so that forum members can understand what you are talking about in regards to multiple wives, AT&T dropping The Weather Channel, and someone not liking the naming of winter storms.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

kgraham182 wrote:

aWhat so you don't like the new naming of winter storms now, I believe we're in the T's with February nd March still to go. Or Al Roker standing in a foot of water after an hurricane/tornado telling us it unsafe and there may be down powerlines, even though the people who need that info, most likely have no electricity/cable to watch him.

Lucky guy. How many wives do you have, and how do you manage it?

Where are you getting your information that AT&T is dropping the weather channel? There is not any notice indicating that.

Who are you responding to in regards to someone not liking the naming of winter storms?

Please respond so that forum members can understand what you are talking about in regards to multiple wives, AT&T dropping The Weather Channel, and someone not liking the naming of winter storms.

[ Edited ]
10 of 12 (309 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2014 5:44:22 PM
(0)
Scholar

Directv may cut ties with WWE also over the new WWE Network according to Bleacher Report .

Directv may cut ties with WWE also over the new WWE Network according to Bleacher Report .

11 of 12 (280 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2014 9:20:08 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Anyone noticed that in the past year or so the Weather Channel has dropped the color green from thier temperature maps?

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

Anyone noticed that in the past year or so the Weather Channel has dropped the color green from thier temperature maps?

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

12 of 12 (243 Views)