The CW

Scholar

The CW

I'm currently on the U-450 plan.

Pleasw go here;

http://www.cwtv.com/thecw/stations

Enter 39564 in the zip code and tell me why I still cannot not watch The CW.

My previous provider, CableOne has it, as you can see by the chart. I'd like to be able to watch it again. I miss these programs.

Thanks

Message 1 of 27 (1,498 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: The CW

So, essentially, you had (or would have had) CW programming on WXXV via U-verse until it dropped the CW affiliation to pick up NBC.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 27 (1,143 Views)
Scholar

JefferMC wrote:

So, essentially, you had (or would have had) CW programming on WXXV via U-verse until it dropped the CW affiliation to pick up NBC.

I had the CW when I subscribed to CableOne. My "only" problem with CableOne was the extremely limited recording capability. My wie & I like to watch the same programs but due to her work schedule we have to record most of them. With CableOne, we had to pick & choose which ones we'd sacrifice not to watch since we couldnt record them all. That's why we sitched to ATT but found out afterwards that we couldnt get CW, even though the CW website says we can on ch 38 & 1038.

I've had a fire about 3ft tall lit behind me burning my backside up because of it and have been trying to get ATT to let me have it. I've never been able to watch it on ATT.

Message 17 of 27 (1,134 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

I hate to mention Over the Air, as that  means no DVR recording but have you tried an antenna to get either New Orleans CW or Mobile/Gulf Shores?  WFNA 55 (broadcasting on RF channel 25) is a million watt ERP, so you might be able to get it.  In fact, if you have an attic space, the Gulf Coast would be wild to have an OTA set up, anyway, as the atmosphere often offers outstanding propagation in the area.  A DX'er friend in the Florida panhandle often gets FM and TV signals in the 800-1000 mile range, via tropospheric ducting.  Here is a page that forecasts the ducts.  Sometimes the Gulf Coast is the only Tropo going in the country.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 18 of 27 (1,101 Views)
Scholar

dhascall wrote:

I hate to mention Over the Air,

I guess I'm just a stubborn mule. Over the air has been offered as a solution before. I dont want it and I do not live in a rural area. ATT has it in its lineup, the same as other providers in my area and the areas that surround me.

The cost of HDTV viewing by all vendors is high. I have the U-450 plan which is the most expensive and in my opinion, The CW should be included.

I have tried to contact The CW but the only means of communication is feedback. We all know that doesnt go anywhere if read at all.

Message 19 of 27 (1,074 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

75vette wrote:

dhascall wrote:

I hate to mention Over the Air,

I guess I'm just a stubborn mule. Over the air has been offered as a solution before. I dont want it and I do not live in a rural area. ATT has it in its lineup, the same as other providers in my area and the areas that surround me.

The OTA "solution" isn't a real solution, but rather a stop-gap.  I just thought I'd throw it out there (if it were me, I'd have an OTA setup, if I lived on the Gulf, for DX and emergency purposes but that's just me Smiley Wink ).  AT&T must be literal with must carry.  No NOLA stations would be an FCC must carry for your area, so that is probably why they never considered it, AND taking how they shunned other regional broadcasters throughout their footprint (SE Wisconsin and Chicago, for example).  I can't recall if you have tried this link, to request it?  Again, you could also send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care to make it known also..

The cost of HDTV viewing by all vendors is high. I have the U-450 plan which is the most expensive and in my opinion, The CW should be included.

I agree but the only way is if it were carried on a local to you, OTA station that is not a Low Power or a DT subchannel.

I have tried to contact The CW but the only means of communication is feedback. We all know that doesnt go anywhere if read at all.

I really think pushing AT&T would be more productive than pushing the CW.  Good luck.

Message 20 of 27 (1,054 Views)
Scholar

I thank you all for your participation in this discussion.

I have tried all avenues to resolve this issue but I fear it is and will continue to be ignored and/or denied.

Message 21 of 27 (1,042 Views)
ACE - Master

You are most welcome.  I doubt that they feel you are being ignored or denied as (to them)  it's more like keeping with how do they business in their other areas - they do not usually cross into other TV markets.  Sucks to be in a weaker TV market (I believe the 135th in the US).  Hopefully U-Verse will change their mind but what would really help if (locally), someone put the CW on a full power station.  AND that may be problematic, as the Gulf Coast with it's long distance signals, channel placement options are probably limited.

Sorry, bud.

Message 22 of 27 (1,026 Views)
Contributor

My question is why don't they at least offer the programming on demand on the tv since it is available on uverseonline on demamd but not on uverse tv on demand.
Message 23 of 27 (1,002 Views)
ACE - Expert

Because the onDemand viewing rights are usually tied in with the live TV viewing rights.

Message 24 of 27 (981 Views)

JefferMC wrote:

Because the onDemand viewing rights are usually tied in with the live TV viewing rights.

Even those of us with the CW do not have it On Demand. Luckily Hulu and Amazon have episodes if I missed something and forgot to record it

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 25 of 27 (965 Views)
ACE - Master

75vette: Look out!  Biloxi is losing another network (though U-Verse never had the CW)!  

Effective on or after February 24, 2014, MeTV (Ch. 136) will no longer be available in Biloxi, MS and Odessa, TX.

This was found here.

Message 26 of 27 (915 Views)
Scholar

dhascall wrote:

75vette: Look out!  Biloxi is losing another network (though U-Verse never had the CW)!  

Effective on or after February 24, 2014, MeTV (Ch. 136) will no longer be available in Biloxi, MS and Odessa, TX.

This was found here.

I dont expect a rate drop either...

Hopefully it'l be replaced with the CW

LOL

Message 27 of 27 (891 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.