Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 28, 2014
2:53:43 AM
View profile
The Absoulte annoying thing on U-Verse is having KHOU every so often going to echo

I still can't understand why even with Old Faithful(Motorola VIP 1225) as the DVR it still happens. Correcting it after it happens is easy, it just that I would love to get rid of annoyance for good. Any good ideas for that?

I still can't understand why even with Old Faithful(Motorola VIP 1225) as the DVR it still happens. Correcting it after it happens is easy, it just that I would love to get rid of annoyance for good. Any good ideas for that?

The Absoulte annoying thing on U-Verse is having KHOU every so often going to echo

5 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2014 3:53:51 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Have no idea what your talking about.  Can  you explain?

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Have no idea what your talking about.  Can  you explain?

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: The Absoulte annoying thing on U-Verse is having KHOU every so often going to echo

2 of 6 (364 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2014 4:10:46 AM
(0)
Mentor

Well KHOU (CBS) here in the Houston market(11 SD 1011HD) every one in while will have the audio go to echo. I simply use the Logitech Harmony or the standard U-verse remote up or down 1 channel and back to KHOU and the problem is gone. It's not a permnent fix. It doesn't happen on any other channel but KHOU. Possible problem with the Motorola VIP 1225(Old Faithful) or the connection to RG 2 Wire 3800 HG-B?

Well KHOU (CBS) here in the Houston market(11 SD 1011HD) every one in while will have the audio go to echo. I simply use the Logitech Harmony or the standard U-verse remote up or down 1 channel and back to KHOU and the problem is gone. It's not a permnent fix. It doesn't happen on any other channel but KHOU. Possible problem with the Motorola VIP 1225(Old Faithful) or the connection to RG 2 Wire 3800 HG-B?

Re: The Absoulte annoying thing on U-Verse is having KHOU every so often going to echo

3 of 6 (359 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2014 4:45:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Pbert35 - Me Too. CBS - NYC chan 1012 in New Haven. It is the "underwater" burble similar to if you have two STBs set to the same channel and the timing is slightly off. I did not realize that it is just CBS. Maybe It seems to be only CBS due being the most watched channel.
Pbert35 - Me Too. CBS - NYC chan 1012 in New Haven. It is the "underwater" burble similar to if you have two STBs set to the same channel and the timing is slightly off. I did not realize that it is just CBS. Maybe It seems to be only CBS due being the most watched channel.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (351 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2014 7:04:13 AM
(0)
Mentor

I just have one STB in a 1 bedroom apartment. It's gotten better over the years. I still remember when I moved here 6 yrs ago and I had Comcast because U-verse was unavilible in Spring(77373) at the time. Maybe another couple of updates to the VIP 1225 and it might be gone. Oh and the times when it happens is odd, like during Price is Right and during the 10 pm News(maybe KHOU is better than KPRC and KTRK{ABC O&O} for news). 

I just have one STB in a 1 bedroom apartment. It's gotten better over the years. I still remember when I moved here 6 yrs ago and I had Comcast because U-verse was unavilible in Spring(77373) at the time. Maybe another couple of updates to the VIP 1225 and it might be gone. Oh and the times when it happens is odd, like during Price is Right and during the 10 pm News(maybe KHOU is better than KPRC and KTRK{ABC O&O} for news). 

5 of 6 (321 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2014 2:27:35 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Apr 30, 2014 at 2:29:42 PM

aviewer wrote:

It's not just CBS, AFAIK.  It happens here in Indy but not very often.  maybe once every six weeks?  Channel up and back down or hit last twice will fix it.  I believe that the stream's audio is duplicated and one is delayed.  A channel change will fix.

aviewer wrote:

It's not just CBS, AFAIK.  It happens here in Indy but not very often.  maybe once every six weeks?  Channel up and back down or hit last twice will fix it.  I believe that the stream's audio is duplicated and one is delayed.  A channel change will fix.

[ Edited ]
6 of 6 (275 Views)