Thanks to ATTU-verse care (David T)

Highlighted
Teacher

Thanks to ATTU-verse care (David T)

Many thanks to ATTU-verse care, especially David T.  We posted a problem with our receiver and he took immediate action, sent us new equipment and we are now back in business with no hastle. Way to go U-verse care!! We appreciate it!

Message 1 of 11 (641 Views)
Community Manager

Re: Thanks to ATTU-verse care (David T)

Hello, Tess6676!

Thanks for sharing! We love hearing about customers' positive experiences with our reps!

I hope we continue to see you around the forums!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 11 (640 Views)
Community Support

Thank you for your comments! I am just glad I could help. Smiley Happy

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 11 (621 Views)
Teacher

I do have another problem that I need help with. We reciently put a TV in another bedroom that is a fair distance from our 2W Gateway and the wireless signal will not reach to hook up the tv wireless. Is there a way I can get another gateway to place closer to this tv so it will be in range? The SSID on my current Gateway is 2WIRE595. Thanks

Message 4 of 11 (466 Views)
ACE - Expert

The wireless TV receievers don't get their signal directly from the 2WIRE RG, they get it from the Cisco WAP that was provided for them.  You can move it as far from the RG as you need, providing you can stretch an Ethernet cable to it from the RG.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 11 (452 Views)
Teacher

Its not for the wireless receivers, the problem is for all the other wireless devises, i.e. ipad, iphone, etc. I borrowed a Edge wireless router from my son to use until I can get a 2WIRE RG to extend the signal and it works fine, but I have to give it back to him soon. I did temporarly move one of my 2WIRE RG from one of the tv locations to use and it also works fine, but I have to put it back on my tv. So I think all I need is another 2WIRE RG and I'd be in good shape!

Message 6 of 11 (435 Views)
Teacher

BTW I'm only using this tv with ROKU, which is wireless. We don't use this tv for broadcast tv.

Message 7 of 11 (434 Views)
ACE - Expert

Ah.  I'm not quite used to the idea of a TV as a network client.  Sorry.

Do you have a Bonded pair installation with an iNID (3812) and a 2WIRE 38HG, or some other 2WIRE RG?

If the former, you can probably get an additional 38HG, though it may take a truck roll.  If the latter, you'll have to get your range extended some other way, either an actual range extender, or a wireless router or access point that can be wired back to the RG with a physical Ethernet connection.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 11 (427 Views)
Teacher

All I need is another i38HG, I am all CAT5e, that way all I have to do is replace the Edge router with the new 2WIRE 38HG and I'm in business. As mentioned I temporary moved one of my other 38HG to this location and it works great, so one more of those units would solve my problem. Thanks

Message 9 of 11 (392 Views)
Employee

My understanding is the i38hg are leased, $7 per month, may wish to buy another router such as sons Edge as known working. Some report ebay purchase but no guarantee will work.

To my knowledge i38hg are not shipped, therefore requiring a truck roll, scheduled 4 hour repair appointment window, call 1-800-288-2020.
Employee Contributor*
Message 10 of 11 (387 Views)
Teacher

OK, thanks for the info, I may just do that.

Message 11 of 11 (384 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.