Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 12, 2013
4:27:46 AM
Terrible service

In July I had to have my set top box replaced. The box that was shipped was dead on arrival.
I again contacted support and they arranged for someone to come by the next day.
I waited the next day, using my time off from work, but nobody showed up in the alotted time. I called (after the alotted time)and they first said that someone would be there between 8 and 12 (it was already 1PM) but they didn't seem to understand that then they changed their story and said that I wasn't even scheduled.

The next day I waited again. The man showed up, late. He also showed up without a replacement box.
This week (9/9) my set top box went out again.

Again I connected to your ridiculously slow chat system which you call "support" and your "technician" had me go through all the steps that I'd already tried to get the box to boot correctly but it would not work.

A new box arrived two days later and it didn't work.
Once again (9/11) I connected to your ridiculously slow chat system which you call "support" and your "techician" had me go through all the steps that I'd already treid to get the box to boot correctly but it would not work AGAIN.
The next available appointment to get somebody out to fix this problem was 9/14.
I asked the "techician" for the name and address of the head of customer service so that I could write a letter to let them know how terrible the service had been and he refused to provide this information.
Why is this information kept such a secret? Are your executives that resentful of their customers that they don't want to hear from us?

I have already read many entries in your forums complaining about bad customer service and an inability to locate a PERSON to complain to. I would like the name and address of a PERSON who is head of your customer service so that I can make them aware of the horrid service I have received. Please don't reply with your standard reply giving a link where I can send this information and it not be seen by the rest of the users on this forum.

In July I had to have my set top box replaced. The box that was shipped was dead on arrival.
I again contacted support and they arranged for someone to come by the next day.
I waited the next day, using my time off from work, but nobody showed up in the alotted time. I called (after the alotted time)and they first said that someone would be there between 8 and 12 (it was already 1PM) but they didn't seem to understand that then they changed their story and said that I wasn't even scheduled.

The next day I waited again. The man showed up, late. He also showed up without a replacement box.
This week (9/9) my set top box went out again.

Again I connected to your ridiculously slow chat system which you call "support" and your "technician" had me go through all the steps that I'd already tried to get the box to boot correctly but it would not work.

A new box arrived two days later and it didn't work.
Once again (9/11) I connected to your ridiculously slow chat system which you call "support" and your "techician" had me go through all the steps that I'd already treid to get the box to boot correctly but it would not work AGAIN.
The next available appointment to get somebody out to fix this problem was 9/14.
I asked the "techician" for the name and address of the head of customer service so that I could write a letter to let them know how terrible the service had been and he refused to provide this information.
Why is this information kept such a secret? Are your executives that resentful of their customers that they don't want to hear from us?

I have already read many entries in your forums complaining about bad customer service and an inability to locate a PERSON to complain to. I would like the name and address of a PERSON who is head of your customer service so that I can make them aware of the horrid service I have received. Please don't reply with your standard reply giving a link where I can send this information and it not be seen by the rest of the users on this forum.

Terrible service

3 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2013 6:38:23 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, ADWeaver!

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear about your experiences so far. I would love the opportunity to help, so if you could send me a private message by clicking here, I can make sure to get you in touch with the correct person.

The reason we use private messages is to protect your personal and account information. The forums are public, and posting your personal or account information puts you at risk.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, ADWeaver!

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear about your experiences so far. I would love the opportunity to help, so if you could send me a private message by clicking here, I can make sure to get you in touch with the correct person.

The reason we use private messages is to protect your personal and account information. The forums are public, and posting your personal or account information puts you at risk.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Terrible service

2 of 4 (414 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 16, 2014 5:25:47 PM
(0)
Contributor
The response by the Community Manager is just another example of the extremely poor service you get from AT & T. They should all be in politics. They dance around the issues and never answer the questions! I am fed up with AT &T. Obviously my business doesn't mean anything to them, so maybe another carrier will do better.
The response by the Community Manager is just another example of the extremely poor service you get from AT & T. They should all be in politics. They dance around the issues and never answer the questions! I am fed up with AT &T. Obviously my business doesn't mean anything to them, so maybe another carrier will do better.

3 of 4 (194 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 16, 2014 7:49:19 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

jbowen53 wrote:
The response by the Community Manager is just another example of the extremely poor service you get from AT & T. They should all be in politics. They dance around the issues and never answer the questions! ...

Can you please explain what you mean by this?  Seems like she was pretty straight forward.  What would you have her say?

jbowen53 wrote:
The response by the Community Manager is just another example of the extremely poor service you get from AT & T. They should all be in politics. They dance around the issues and never answer the questions! ...

Can you please explain what you mean by this?  Seems like she was pretty straight forward.  What would you have her say?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (182 Views)