Terrible service and mishandling of a simple long distance order

Contributor

Terrible service and mishandling of a simple long distance order

I am having one of the worst service experiences ever.  And it is still not over.   All I want to do is change long distance plans and consolidate everything to AT&T.    Yes, bring more business to AT&T.  You would think that AT&T would be pleased to help me to make sure that happened, but that has not happened.   Instead I have had to call multiple times over the course of days to get an order processed.   It is still not processed and I am getting so tired of being told one false story after another.   I made a fatal mistake of believing the web site that an order could be placed online.   Then that went nowhere and after calls to support got told that the web site is broken for orders and customers should be calling in orders by phone.   So the order was placed over the phone and then it also got stuck in limbo.   First I got told it was third party verification dropping the ball, then I went back to third party verification two more times and still it is not processed.  And the third party verification people aren't providing confirmation numbers so you have no idea what they are doing.  After the third call to third party verification, AT&T told me I needed to go to third party escalation but the outfit in Phoenix told me that it was AT&T sitting on the order and that I did not have record locator.   So I call back AT&T again and get told a supervisor will look at it and fix it and call me back.   And of course there is no call back and my order is still stuck and not processed.   So I have to call yet again to discover that no one knows about the supervisor and the overdue order date is now (obviously) wrong and has to be changed.  And I still do not have my new long distance service.   And I still have to keep calling the 800 number again and again and each time we start from scratch.   And there's no email address to send requests and escalations to.   So, now I am faced with options like having to either cancel all my home phone service to force a disconnection of the long distance provider and then start over.  O I can call the state regulator and file a complaint that AT&T won't change my long distance provider despite multiple calls and three verifications.  As for the online chat, that's been quite a waste of time.   They seem to know nothing more than how to tell customers to go somewhere else.  Not sure what the point of it is.  What I don't understand is why an American company thinks it is okay to kick its customers like this.   Anyone out there know why this is happening?

Message 1 of 6 (742 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Guru

Re: Terrible service and mishandling of a simple long distance order

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM(blue envelope at the top of the screen) between the hours of 7am-10pm CST.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (716 Views)
Expert

I back up what Jeffer posted.  Customer Care is an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Support.

Message 3 of 6 (669 Views)
ACE - Master

Or this one too!! ATTU-verseCare

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6 (637 Views)
Contributor

The saga continued more days until the customer service group just decided to give up and cancel my order.   That's one way, I guess, to make a complaint record go away.    So I had to create a third order and start all over again.  Got to know "third party verification" quite well by the fourth trip there.  And despite promises that the service will be on by 8pm, of course it wasn't, so more phone calls to customer support.   Got told various stories as to why the order wasn't processed but each subsequent custoemr service rep refuted the previous reason given.

Message 5 of 6 (551 Views)
Teacher

But why should we always resort to escalation?  Seems they are treating a symptom and not getting to the root of the problem. 

I get frustrated over the rigamarole we have to go through just to get to customer service.  I learned a while back that the folks on Chat do not communicate with the technicians if they have to come out.  I've just endured the voice prompts and instructions over the phone and finally hung up when I was transferred to a customer service agent and wound up in a queue. 

It's a vicious circle and one not likely to get fixed. 

Message 6 of 6 (164 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.