Terrible experience with AT&T

Contributor

Terrible experience with AT&T

I signed a two year contract with AT&T in May of 2013 and switched my home services (phone, Internet and TV) to AT&T. My monthly bill was supposed to remain the same for two years. However, in May of this year my bill increased and I immediately contacted AT&T. I was informed that it had to do with the High Definition service which only had a year contract to which I informed the agent that they could cancel it as it was important for me to keep my monthly bill in the same amount.

Nonetheless, in June my bill was only not adjusted, but it increased in over $30; I again contacted AT&T and requested to speak with a supervisor as I had already spent almost an hour in the phone in May and I needed this problem solved. The supervisor I spoke with apologized and informed me that she did see that I have a two year contract, that my bill will be credited in $30 and to go ahead and make my payment in the amount I had been paying for over a year. She also informed me that I will not have this problem again and to not worry.

Once more, when I received my bill this month of July, it again not only was not adjusted as I had been informed in June, but it went up over $60 more and it also showed a past due amount. Again, I contacted AT&T and requested to speak to the same supervisor I spoke with in June. I was informed that they do not see the name of the supervisor I spoke with and I was transferred to a new supervisor. The new supervisor was not polite, did not solve my problem and gave me a partial credit. I informed the supervisor that if my bill was not adjusted to what it was offered to me in May of last year, I will have no option but to look for another company. The supervisor’s reply was that she will transfer me to the cancellation department.

I had also recommended AT&T service to the Board of Directors of my community complex (180 apartments) and now I feel obliged to inform them of this new development. This has been a terrible experience and since May I have spent hours on the phone with AT&T and my problem was not solved.

Message 1 of 4 (341 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Terrible experience with AT&T

Please click this Customer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to help you resolve your request. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope  will appear in the upper right hand corner of this site, next to your avatar and name) in a business day or three.

This is an escalation team that can correct issues not corrected (or caused) by the first-line Telephone Customer Support group.  Speed things up by including your Billing Account Number and the best way and time to reach you.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (317 Views)
Contributor

An AT&T manager contacted me and the problem was solve in a very satisfactory manner. I will continue with AT&T services. Thank you

Message 3 of 4 (263 Views)
Community Manager

Great, thank you for letting us know!

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4 (111 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.