Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 22, 2014
9:51:08 PM
View profile
Terrible customer service, Technician cursing IN MY HOME statement credits offered but not given

Hello, it all started when i was supposed ot have my service installed saturday april 12th, between 9am and 11am. I had an appointment, NO CALLS, NO EMAIL'S NO KNOCK on my door. I called 3 hours after the appointment was to be made and was told i had a facility's issue and had to wait until the 18th to have it installed, i was offered a 21 inch TV by a CSR named Trey, i was also promised a 100 dollar statement credit from a CSR named Jordan, but i had to wait until my service was actually turned on to get that credit. STILL havent seen it.. NEVER heard anything back, on the 18th, the Tech came to install my service, 2 hours early (which isnt a bad thing but he didnt even call to see if i was available) just knocked on my door. When he came in to my home he didnt identify him self, he didnt show ID i assumed he was from ATT because of the truck and the uniform, i invited him inside, as he was installing everything inside of my home he was frustrated, CURSING in front of my child. He proceeded to tell me how bad my appt was, and how much more nice his was. He was staring at my wifes chest and butt SO bad that she told me she was uncomfortable and actually left the house until he was gone. Then after he left i talked to someone on ATT chat, where i was told i qualified for 350 dollars in promo visa cards, and free HD service for the year, he ALSO promised me a 75 dollar credit which he said was the maximun he could do, he then transfered me to his supervisor, who then took my visa promos down to 300 instead of the 350, he also added the HD free for (one month) and said he would do the 75 dollar credit as well. the credit still doesnt show anywhere on my account which shows me he did NOT add it. I have the chat logs saved to prove all of what i just said. Then i got on ATT forums and private messages someone, who said they could NOT help me, and connected me to a manager named Becca, Who basically said she cannot do anything about the way the tech acted, but did apologize for the way he did and "assured" me that it would be sent to his manager. (doubt anything will happen) and in the loast email she sent told me that (maybe ATT uverse isnt the right service for my family) I ALSO have the emails to prove that. I dont not know who to talk to anymore, in the 4 days ive actually had service ive been lied to MANY times, if i included the previous week i waited for my service to be installed i couldnt count the lies on my fingers and toes put together, i honestly LOVE uverse and upgraded my TV service from the u-family pack to the u-350 on the first day because i liked it so much, but i dont know who to talk to anymore. I feel like ive been mistreated so much that i dont think i will keep the service anymore. I think ill go to Dish network for TV and Cable One for internet. i canget a 70 Mb line to my house for what im paying now for uverse. Ive tried for the past 2 weeks to talk to the right people and im CONSTANTLY bounced around. Is there ANYONE that cna help? or Should i just cancel? Im thinking of even canceling before my 30 days because of this. And im probably going to end my Cell phone contract with them as well. The way ive been treated is horriffic and im honestly scared. Who can i talk to? Who can help me? And i wrong for wanting the compensation i have been promised? Was i wrong for being upset about the technician acting that way? I was never at one point rude, unless i was being talked to like a crook. I dont want anything free. i just want to be treated FAIR. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Hello, it all started when i was supposed ot have my service installed saturday april 12th, between 9am and 11am. I had an appointment, NO CALLS, NO EMAIL'S NO KNOCK on my door. I called 3 hours after the appointment was to be made and was told i had a facility's issue and had to wait until the 18th to have it installed, i was offered a 21 inch TV by a CSR named Trey, i was also promised a 100 dollar statement credit from a CSR named Jordan, but i had to wait until my service was actually turned on to get that credit. STILL havent seen it.. NEVER heard anything back, on the 18th, the Tech came to install my service, 2 hours early (which isnt a bad thing but he didnt even call to see if i was available) just knocked on my door. When he came in to my home he didnt identify him self, he didnt show ID i assumed he was from ATT because of the truck and the uniform, i invited him inside, as he was installing everything inside of my home he was frustrated, CURSING in front of my child. He proceeded to tell me how bad my appt was, and how much more nice his was. He was staring at my wifes chest and butt SO bad that she told me she was uncomfortable and actually left the house until he was gone. Then after he left i talked to someone on ATT chat, where i was told i qualified for 350 dollars in promo visa cards, and free HD service for the year, he ALSO promised me a 75 dollar credit which he said was the maximun he could do, he then transfered me to his supervisor, who then took my visa promos down to 300 instead of the 350, he also added the HD free for (one month) and said he would do the 75 dollar credit as well. the credit still doesnt show anywhere on my account which shows me he did NOT add it. I have the chat logs saved to prove all of what i just said. Then i got on ATT forums and private messages someone, who said they could NOT help me, and connected me to a manager named Becca, Who basically said she cannot do anything about the way the tech acted, but did apologize for the way he did and "assured" me that it would be sent to his manager. (doubt anything will happen) and in the loast email she sent told me that (maybe ATT uverse isnt the right service for my family) I ALSO have the emails to prove that. I dont not know who to talk to anymore, in the 4 days ive actually had service ive been lied to MANY times, if i included the previous week i waited for my service to be installed i couldnt count the lies on my fingers and toes put together, i honestly LOVE uverse and upgraded my TV service from the u-family pack to the u-350 on the first day because i liked it so much, but i dont know who to talk to anymore. I feel like ive been mistreated so much that i dont think i will keep the service anymore. I think ill go to Dish network for TV and Cable One for internet. i canget a 70 Mb line to my house for what im paying now for uverse. Ive tried for the past 2 weeks to talk to the right people and im CONSTANTLY bounced around. Is there ANYONE that cna help? or Should i just cancel? Im thinking of even canceling before my 30 days because of this. And im probably going to end my Cell phone contract with them as well. The way ive been treated is horriffic and im honestly scared. Who can i talk to? Who can help me? And i wrong for wanting the compensation i have been promised? Was i wrong for being upset about the technician acting that way? I was never at one point rude, unless i was being talked to like a crook. I dont want anything free. i just want to be treated FAIR. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Terrible customer service, Technician cursing IN MY HOME statement credits offered but not given

16 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(16)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2014 6:35:17 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

Well I didn't read all of that(might try hitting the "Enter" key a few times to it break up)  but I would  recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM(Blue envelope top right of screen) between the hours of 7am-10pm CST Monday - Friday, should hear back within 2 to 3 business days.

Well I didn't read all of that(might try hitting the "Enter" key a few times to it break up)  but I would  recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM(Blue envelope top right of screen) between the hours of 7am-10pm CST Monday - Friday, should hear back within 2 to 3 business days.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Terrible customer service, Technician cursing IN MY HOME statement credits offered but not given

2 of 17 (600 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2014 6:44:03 AM
(0)
Employee

Hello MajLacy,

I sincerely apologize about the experience you and your family had during the installation. I can help you verify those credits or any changes that were previously submitted and assist you further. I sent you a Private Message to gather more information and help you with your situation.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hello MajLacy,

I sincerely apologize about the experience you and your family had during the installation. I can help you verify those credits or any changes that were previously submitted and assist you further. I sent you a Private Message to gather more information and help you with your situation.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Terrible customer service, Technician cursing IN MY HOME statement credits offered but not given

3 of 17 (600 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2014 11:57:40 AM
(0)
Tutor

That was actually what i did in the first place. I PM'ed someone on here and they sent my to a Managaer named Becca G, who flat out told me that "Maybe the Uverse services isnt right for my family" Not once did she ask me to email her the chat logs that i had saved. Or ANYTHING, she apologized, that was it.

That was actually what i did in the first place. I PM'ed someone on here and they sent my to a Managaer named Becca G, who flat out told me that "Maybe the Uverse services isnt right for my family" Not once did she ask me to email her the chat logs that i had saved. Or ANYTHING, she apologized, that was it.

4 of 17 (577 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2014 12:04:55 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Phil-101 on Apr 23, 2014 at 12:54:51 PM

this is the email 

Michael,

I'm sorry to hear that you're not satisfied with my course of action. I do however, understand that you have to do what is right for you and your family. I'm very sorry if U-Verse is not going to be the right fit. 

BeccaG

[edited for privacy]

this is the email 

Michael,

I'm sorry to hear that you're not satisfied with my course of action. I do however, understand that you have to do what is right for you and your family. I'm very sorry if U-Verse is not going to be the right fit. 

BeccaG

[edited for privacy]

[ Edited ]
5 of 17 (575 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2014 12:55:26 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You didn't post what the proposed "course of action" that you were unhappy with was?

You didn't post what the proposed "course of action" that you were unhappy with was?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 17 (552 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2014 12:58:16 PM
(0)
Tutor

Just one minute

Just one minute

7 of 17 (549 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2014 12:59:15 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Phil-101 on Apr 23, 2014 at 1:08:10 PM

We're very sorry that you were treated that way by the technician. I'm in the process now of seeing which tech was dispatched to your house for the installation and I will be forwarding your feedback to his manager so that this behavior is addressed. Our Team is not provided with the action taken but it will be addressed at the local level. 

As far as the HD promotion- we do not have any one year free HD promotions at this time but feel free to check back with us in the coming months as they change from time to time. You will also be able to access current offers via you online account: http://soc.att.com/1ctye8u just log in to see the offers under the picture of each service. 

In regard to the promotion cards- those will be sent out to you after you have maintained services past the 30 day trial period. Any changes to your plans will result in impacts to the reward cards. For instance, downgrading or accepting another promotion or calling to have fees waived impacts the total of the reward. If you have any questions about the cards you can contact our reward center directly at: ****

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks, 
BeccaG
Social Media Manager
myAT&T Social Media Team
Check out our support center: http://support.att.com/

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

We're very sorry that you were treated that way by the technician. I'm in the process now of seeing which tech was dispatched to your house for the installation and I will be forwarding your feedback to his manager so that this behavior is addressed. Our Team is not provided with the action taken but it will be addressed at the local level. 

As far as the HD promotion- we do not have any one year free HD promotions at this time but feel free to check back with us in the coming months as they change from time to time. You will also be able to access current offers via you online account: http://soc.att.com/1ctye8u just log in to see the offers under the picture of each service. 

In regard to the promotion cards- those will be sent out to you after you have maintained services past the 30 day trial period. Any changes to your plans will result in impacts to the reward cards. For instance, downgrading or accepting another promotion or calling to have fees waived impacts the total of the reward. If you have any questions about the cards you can contact our reward center directly at: ****

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks, 
BeccaG
Social Media Manager
myAT&T Social Media Team
Check out our support center: http://support.att.com/

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

[ Edited ]
8 of 17 (547 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2014 1:02:02 PM
(0)
Tutor

The issue witht he rewards cards is, i was told it was 350 in an online chat, and when i was elevated to speak with a manager it went down to 300. I wasnt asking about WHEN the cards would come in, i was asking why it was droped down, that was not addressed. And the HD service WAS OFFERED by the CSR in the chat, But Becca G said it could not be done. I was also offered a 100 dollar statement credit by a CSR named Jordan and i believe he was in Kentucky, and a 75 dollar credit with a CSR on the online chat, i have the chat log showing that, but i havent seen anything  on my account.

The issue witht he rewards cards is, i was told it was 350 in an online chat, and when i was elevated to speak with a manager it went down to 300. I wasnt asking about WHEN the cards would come in, i was asking why it was droped down, that was not addressed. And the HD service WAS OFFERED by the CSR in the chat, But Becca G said it could not be done. I was also offered a 100 dollar statement credit by a CSR named Jordan and i believe he was in Kentucky, and a 75 dollar credit with a CSR on the online chat, i have the chat log showing that, but i havent seen anything  on my account.

9 of 17 (546 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2014 1:10:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

While certain AT&T employees have been known to offer just about anything (some by mistake, some to make a sale, some to try to make the caller not yet at them), the system is fairly draconian and doesn't allow support reps much flexibility in terms of what they can actually put in for.  If what you were promised is not available, the best the rep can do is offer an apology that you were badly promised.

The contents of the chat logs would only prove that someone else at AT&T did something wrong and won't make the system allow what should never have been promised in the first place.

While certain AT&T employees have been known to offer just about anything (some by mistake, some to make a sale, some to try to make the caller not yet at them), the system is fairly draconian and doesn't allow support reps much flexibility in terms of what they can actually put in for.  If what you were promised is not available, the best the rep can do is offer an apology that you were badly promised.

The contents of the chat logs would only prove that someone else at AT&T did something wrong and won't make the system allow what should never have been promised in the first place.

10 of 17 (534 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2014 1:29:03 PM
(0)
Tutor

However it WAS promised... Which is a lie. I was not in anyway yelling or being rude. the apology if you read it was for how the technician acted. CURSING in my home, In front of my child, Talking down on the quality of my home, NOT calling or identifying his self, Making customers feel so uncomfortable in there own home that they LEAVE, not to mention not showing up for appointments, not calling, not knocking not emailing. There is NO excuse for the MULTIPLE error, and lies i was told. Either way there should be accountability. And just like any other human being i expect someone to stay true to their word. I have to stay true to mine for 12 months. Why cant they.

However it WAS promised... Which is a lie. I was not in anyway yelling or being rude. the apology if you read it was for how the technician acted. CURSING in my home, In front of my child, Talking down on the quality of my home, NOT calling or identifying his self, Making customers feel so uncomfortable in there own home that they LEAVE, not to mention not showing up for appointments, not calling, not knocking not emailing. There is NO excuse for the MULTIPLE error, and lies i was told. Either way there should be accountability. And just like any other human being i expect someone to stay true to their word. I have to stay true to mine for 12 months. Why cant they.

11 of 17 (519 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2014 9:34:32 PM
(0)
Mentor

Isnt it sad, though, that you cant count on ANYTHING an atnt rep says to you to be the truth?  My experience with lie after lie has just been unbelievable, i can only say that plenty of stories here on this forum trump mine.  

Isnt it sad, though, that you cant count on ANYTHING an atnt rep says to you to be the truth?  My experience with lie after lie has just been unbelievable, i can only say that plenty of stories here on this forum trump mine.  

listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul

12 of 17 (491 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 24, 2014 7:22:32 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

My experience is that there are bad eggs everywhere.  Usually, if identified, most places (including AT&T) will deal with them (in which case they'll move somewhere else and cause them to have a bad reputation).

AT&T will not honor deals that are out of their policy.  They can dicipline the person who misled the customer, but if you got a deal that was too good to be true, then it was just that: not true.

My experience is that there are bad eggs everywhere.  Usually, if identified, most places (including AT&T) will deal with them (in which case they'll move somewhere else and cause them to have a bad reputation).

AT&T will not honor deals that are out of their policy.  They can dicipline the person who misled the customer, but if you got a deal that was too good to be true, then it was just that: not true.

13 of 17 (466 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 24, 2014 1:48:41 PM
(0)
Tutor

What part of that was to good to be true? i figure the 100 dollar stsement credit to be standard. And the 75 to be decent as well. They CAN offer statement credits it is not like they offered me free service for a year. THAT would be too good to be true

What part of that was to good to be true? i figure the 100 dollar stsement credit to be standard. And the 75 to be decent as well. They CAN offer statement credits it is not like they offered me free service for a year. THAT would be too good to be true

14 of 17 (452 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 24, 2014 2:17:05 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Well, you could PM SaddathCS as he asked and let him know that (1) you've already spoken to BeccaG in Social Media support and (2) are still not happy.  He may have some escalation path within Social Media support he can put you on.

Or, you can Google AT&T Office of the President for a snail mail address and escalate it that way.  Some people have found success with that route.

I'm not sure what other constructive suggestions I can offer you.

Well, you could PM SaddathCS as he asked and let him know that (1) you've already spoken to BeccaG in Social Media support and (2) are still not happy.  He may have some escalation path within Social Media support he can put you on.

Or, you can Google AT&T Office of the President for a snail mail address and escalate it that way.  Some people have found success with that route.

I'm not sure what other constructive suggestions I can offer you.

15 of 17 (438 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 24, 2014 2:31:11 PM
(0)
Tutor

I have PM'ed him, still waiting on a reply.

I have PM'ed him, still waiting on a reply.

16 of 17 (434 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 24, 2014 2:32:31 PM
(0)
Tutor

I think im just going to go with cable one. 3 times the speed. Local customer service, intergrity, responsibility and accountability go a long way when some one wants me to sign a contract. And ATT Uverse appearntly has NONE of those traits.

I think im just going to go with cable one. 3 times the speed. Local customer service, intergrity, responsibility and accountability go a long way when some one wants me to sign a contract. And ATT Uverse appearntly has NONE of those traits.

17 of 17 (433 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments