Helpful Links

Technicians not showing up

Contributor

Technicians not showing up

Sunday September 8th my internet and Television went out.  I work from home online.  After an hour on the phone I was given the soonest option for service for September 11th from 12-4.  At 3 PM I received a message that they would be delayed and to call AT&T.  After an hour on the phone I was guaranteed that someone would be there by 6 PM.  From 6-7:15 PM I tried to find out if someone was going to arrive and their scheduled date as obviously their scheduled time had long passed.  I was cancelled out on their obligation but did I get to have the first appointment the next morning?  No instead of getting me in tomorrow (Thursday)  they want me to wait until Sunday with no guarantee of an exact time after waiting 8 hours for them today.  I am extremely appalled and believe this to be one of the worst treatments I have ever seen given to a good customer.  At this point since my grand-daughter is getting baptized on Sunday I won't be keeping that appointment.  So they decided to give us one for next Monday.  My biggest problem now is that I could be sitting for days waiting to get my internet and tv running again.  Any suggestions besides going to a different company?  DIane

[edited for privacy]

Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Re: Technicians not showing up

I would recommend you send a private message to AT&T Customer Care using the link below.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

I agree with you 100%. They tried to schedule me for the 18th of September. This is the worst customer service I've ever been associated with. I've taken off 4 days trying to accomodate their schedules. I still don't have my Uverse fixed. I sent a message to the AT&T customer care link and now I'm awaiting the stories oh I meant the response!
Message 3 of 4
Scholar

AT&T has likely over-marketted uverse and over-extended their technicians workloads.  It takes overly long to get any service done.  They also seem to have poor communication in their support infrastructure, especially in Tier 1.  I'm sure the execs want you to sign on, but they neglected to hire sufficient people to accomplish this task.

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support