Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 9, 2013
9:33:42 AM
View profile
Technician said faster speeds are available.

I was told by several reprensatives that only Basic/768k was available. The Technician came out and said "he's most definitely sure we can up to 24 mbps". We have an older home and he had to install new lines and another phone jack. How would a rep know if he/she is just sitting behind a desk?

I was told by several reprensatives that only Basic/768k was available. The Technician came out and said "he's most definitely sure we can up to 24 mbps". We have an older home and he had to install new lines and another phone jack. How would a rep know if he/she is just sitting behind a desk?

Technician said faster speeds are available.

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2013 9:38:18 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The engineering department is supposed to update a database of service addresses and what services they qualify for.  The telephone reps access this database to determine what you can get.  Sometimes (too often) this database is not updated correctly for a variety of reasons.

The technician knows how your home is fed and can use testing tools to determine speeds, etc.

The engineering department is supposed to update a database of service addresses and what services they qualify for.  The telephone reps access this database to determine what you can get.  Sometimes (too often) this database is not updated correctly for a variety of reasons.

The technician knows how your home is fed and can use testing tools to determine speeds, etc.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Technician said faster speeds are available.

2 of 3 (281 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2013 9:45:27 AM
(0)
Employee
A request can usually be made to customer care to have your address updated so that it reflects the speeds that you would be eligible for. If you were told by a technician that you should be eligible to get up to 24.0 Mbps, I would recommend calling into customer care and have an address validation request started so we can get our database updated to reflect what our technician is telling you. Also, if 24.0 Mbps is indeed available for you, this should also mean that U-Verse tv service could be available as well.
A request can usually be made to customer care to have your address updated so that it reflects the speeds that you would be eligible for. If you were told by a technician that you should be eligible to get up to 24.0 Mbps, I would recommend calling into customer care and have an address validation request started so we can get our database updated to reflect what our technician is telling you. Also, if 24.0 Mbps is indeed available for you, this should also mean that U-Verse tv service could be available as well.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Technician said faster speeds are available.

3 of 3 (276 Views)