Ask a question

Highlighted
    Posted Dec 9, 2013
    7:18:21 AM
    View profile
    Technician said faster speeds are available at my address.

I was told by several reprensatives that only Basic/768k was available. The Technician came out and said "he's most definitely sure we can up to 24 mbps". We have an older home and he had to install new lines and another phone jack. How would a rep know if he/she is just sitting behind a desk?

Technician said faster speeds are available at my address.

2 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (2)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Dec 9, 2013 3:31:27 PM
    (0)
    Teacher
    If you ask 4 different AT&T employees the same question, you will get 4 different and often conflicting replies. I have yet to figure out a way to find someone who can actually answer questions correctly

Re: Technician said faster speeds are available at my address.

2 of 3 (176 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Dec 23, 2013 1:41:39 PM
    (0)
    Employee

To answer your question, we wouldn't know, especially if our database hasn't been updated to reflect that your address would be available for up to 24.0 Mbps. What could do is set up an address validation case for your current address. If it is determined that you are indeed available for speeds up to 24.0 Mbps, then your address will be updated in our database and that speed would be available to upgrade to if you so choose.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Technician said faster speeds are available at my address.

3 of 3 (118 Views)