Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 29, 2013
5:54:37 PM
View profile
Taking Advantage of Existing Customers with Rate Hikes?

Dear AT&T,

I would like to know why you take advantage of existing customers with higher rates, when new customers pay 30-40% less. After my introductory rate ended, my rate went up $30.00 while new customers get a "low" introductory rate. There doesn't appear to be any reason to stay with yoru company long term.

Dear AT&T,

I would like to know why you take advantage of existing customers with higher rates, when new customers pay 30-40% less. After my introductory rate ended, my rate went up $30.00 while new customers get a "low" introductory rate. There doesn't appear to be any reason to stay with yoru company long term.

Taking Advantage of Existing Customers with Rate Hikes?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2013 7:43:19 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by texasguy37 on Jul 29, 2013 at 7:43:53 PM
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Taking Advantage of Existing Customers with Rate Hikes?

[ Edited ]
2 of 6 (415 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2013 11:32:12 AM
(0)
Tutor

If you have only been with ATT a short while and recent contract, you benefitted from the very philosophy you are now concerned with as it is their turn to make their money back from you and use it to hook the next new fish. 

In my case I have been with ATT much longer, and I don't qualify for the great deals new users today get. Coincidentally- If I were "new" I was recently told I would be paying $30 less per month.

What you are discovering is that others subsidized your initial services and now they will command you fall in line.

They win by turning us against each other, and as long as people are willing to jump around for the quick buck and shoddy support, they will continue this business practice.

If you have only been with ATT a short while and recent contract, you benefitted from the very philosophy you are now concerned with as it is their turn to make their money back from you and use it to hook the next new fish. 

In my case I have been with ATT much longer, and I don't qualify for the great deals new users today get. Coincidentally- If I were "new" I was recently told I would be paying $30 less per month.

What you are discovering is that others subsidized your initial services and now they will command you fall in line.

They win by turning us against each other, and as long as people are willing to jump around for the quick buck and shoddy support, they will continue this business practice.

3 of 6 (380 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2013 4:14:54 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Roblek, click on the hyperlink for AT&T Customer Care and you will be taken to their profile.  They are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Service, who can help you with this issue.  Send them a PM with your concern and they will get in touch with you.  They will reply to you via PM as well so watch the little blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification.

Roblek, click on the hyperlink for AT&T Customer Care and you will be taken to their profile.  They are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Service, who can help you with this issue.  Send them a PM with your concern and they will get in touch with you.  They will reply to you via PM as well so watch the little blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (353 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2013 1:42:14 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

eaandrews wrote:

Please see my response in the link that texasguy37 posted above.  It is just like buying a new car.  You should never pay the full list price.  Read my response and save some dough!

eaandrews wrote:

Please see my response in the link that texasguy37 posted above.  It is just like buying a new car.  You should never pay the full list price.  Read my response and save some dough!

5 of 6 (319 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2013 5:26:22 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

roblek wrote:

Dear AT&T,

You act like AT&T is the only company to do this.  EVERY provider has a new customer rate.  It's no different than a wireless provider. You want a cheap new phone, you sign a new 2 year contract.  I work for a large tax software company and we offer new customers a discount rate higher than what our long time customer get.  Why, because 1) going through a conversion process is not easy and you can expect to have reduced revenue your first couple of years and

2) it's a pain in the butt to have to keep changing services every year or two.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

roblek wrote:

Dear AT&T,

You act like AT&T is the only company to do this.  EVERY provider has a new customer rate.  It's no different than a wireless provider. You want a cheap new phone, you sign a new 2 year contract.  I work for a large tax software company and we offer new customers a discount rate higher than what our long time customer get.  Why, because 1) going through a conversion process is not easy and you can expect to have reduced revenue your first couple of years and

2) it's a pain in the butt to have to keep changing services every year or two.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

6 of 6 (281 Views)