TWC vs Uverse

TWC vs Uverse

[ Edited ]

I currently have Uverse internet and the promotion is about to expire. I tried speaking with someone and was told that I could not get rid of the equipment fee if I bought the equipment myself. I have checked with TWC and can get upgraded internet speed for the same price. Does anyone have any strong opinions for or against TWC?

Message 1 of 7 (7,834 Views)

Re: TWC vs Uverse

I was told I received a private message but do not see it

Message 2 of 7 (7,824 Views)
ACE - Expert

jamesielee - Blue envelope - top right - left of log off - blink & says you have a message. Click on it anyway to see what the PM area is like.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 7 (7,820 Views)
Employee

Under certain conditions you can get rid of equipment fee.
1) NO TV service,if have IPTV then all RGs are leased.
2) for internet and internet/Voip accounts less than 3000 feet
3) NO BONDED PAIR, i38hg with inid or 589RG
4) NO POWER tier internet, 589 currently only available RG, leased only.

On VDSL circuit, available purchased RGs are the 3600, or 5031....either $100, 1 year warranty.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 7 (7,785 Views)

I looked there but there was no message

Message 5 of 7 (7,782 Views)
Teacher

Time Warner Cable is faster and they have significantly better customer service. I have Uverse and have had issues for two weeks with no initiative from AT&T. I set my mom up with TWC about 6 months ago and I havent heard a word of complaint from her. She is technically inept and I consider myself fairly tech savvy, yet I have had to troubleshoot issues with my internet sigificantly more often than she, and I've only had my internet for a month.

Message 6 of 7 (7,742 Views)

kenkim89 wrote:

Time Warner Cable is faster and they have significantly better customer service. I have Uverse and have had issues for two weeks with no initiative from AT&T. I set my mom up with TWC about 6 months ago and I havent heard a word of complaint from her. She is technically inept and I consider myself fairly tech savvy, yet I have had to troubleshoot issues with my internet sigificantly more often than she, and I've only had my internet for a month.

I've had TWC and while they may have faster tiers now, they cost more as well. As for customer service, IMO they have one of the worst and they are losing more customers every month than they are gaining.  They are also trying to enforce lower caps and keep pushing for people to have less service each month.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 7 of 7 (7,733 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.