TVG Network

Scholar

TVG Network

TVG network is on Roku if don't want miss Big Brother this good alternative to have sinse Uverse does not carry the channel right now .

Message 1 of 10 (1,326 Views)
Scholar

Re: TVG Network

TVG? The horse racing channel?
Message 2 of 10 (1,302 Views)
Scholar

No its the TV Guide Network not the TV Games channel .
Message 3 of 10 (1,299 Views)
ACE - Expert

The confusion came because what used to be called the TV Guide Network, that was recently purchased by CBS and is where they've put Big Brother After Dark, goes by the moniker "TVGN", not "TVG".  "TVG" is the official abbreviation for "Television Games Network" which is dedicated to horse racing.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 10 (1,207 Views)
ACE - Master

JefferMC wrote:

The confusion came because what used to be called the TV Guide Network, that was recently purchased by CBS and is where they've put Big Brother After Dark, goes by the moniker "TVGN", not "TVG".  "TVG" is the official abbreviation for "Television Games Network" which is dedicated to horse racing.

and I bet that name will change again at some point.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 10 (1,193 Views)
ACE - Expert

Very, very likely.

Message 6 of 10 (1,190 Views)
ACE - Professor

I don't know,  it's been around since 1999.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
Message 7 of 10 (1,163 Views)
ACE - Expert

americangame wrote:

I was speaking of TVGN, which has been around longer than that and got the name TV Guide Network in 2007, and the rename to TVGN happened earlier this year.  I expect that a new name is inevitable.

Message 8 of 10 (1,129 Views)
ACE - Master

JefferMC wrote:

americangame wrote:

I was speaking of TVGN, which has been around longer than that and got the name TV Guide Network in 2007, and the rename to TVGN happened earlier this year.  I expect that a new name is inevitable.

And I bet that it becomes a full screen channel, without the guide.  A co-worker that watches Big Brother After Dark, says that the show only fills a small part of the screen.  When the Guide goes away, I bet that the name does too, lol.

Message 9 of 10 (1,056 Views)
ACE - Expert

dhascall wrote:
And I bet that it becomes a full screen channel, without the guide.  A co-worker that watches Big Brother After Dark, says that the show only fills a small part of the screen.  When the Guide goes away, I bet that the name does too, lol.

I believe there are multiple feed options for TVGN; I think the quarter screen is just one option (Charter was using it when I left it), full screen is also available.

Message 10 of 10 (1,049 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.