TV service installed yesterday, but loses signal every 5-20 seconds

TV service installed yesterday, but loses signal every 5-20 seconds

I've had uverse internet for a couple years now (and have never had any issues), but just had uverse TV installed yesterday morning. I didn't have time during the install to verify that everything was working correctly, but when I got home from work found that if I changed the channel, everything seems to work fine for ~10 seconds or so and then the picture freezes and then a blue screen saying the signal was lost. It seems very similar to this issue:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/losing-channels-within-10-seconds/td-p/3291683

Then figuring that my RG might just not be setup to handle whatever it needs to in order to support multicast, I thought maybe I could just upgrade the firmware. But in looking into firmware upgrades, the information I seemed to find would lead me to believe that my RG just doesn't even support uverse TV. My RG is a 2wire 3600HGV.

I have a tech scheduled to come out on Sunday morning to fix the issue, but I'm wondering if it's really as simple as just the original tech not realizing that I need a new RG?

Message 1 of 3 (240 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: TV service installed yesterday, but loses signal every 5-20 seconds

hoobascoob - Your analysis sounds accurate. A change to add TV to internet definitely requires a change in RG. Probably a 3801.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (237 Views)

Re: TV service installed yesterday, but loses signal every 5-20 seconds

Okay, thanks. That's sort of frustrating given that I stayed home from work and now am having to change my plans a bit on a Sunday to accommodate. Hopefully, it's an easy fix though.

Message 3 of 3 (231 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.