Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 13, 2013
9:49:17 PM
View profile
TV screen with red "X"

That's it!  Your unit is fried if it has a red x.  I just got the thing this week.  Now no TV or phone.

OK AT&T let's get with the program.  You have a very disgruntled customer!

That's it!  Your unit is fried if it has a red x.  I just got the thing this week.  Now no TV or phone.

OK AT&T let's get with the program.  You have a very disgruntled customer!

TV screen with red "X"

4 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2013 8:26:34 AM
(0)
Employee

Hello, ellen

My name is Morgan, I'm one of the Community Managers. I apologize your services are not working properly, but I'll be glad to help you get this resolved. I'm going to send you a private message that will land in your inbox and we will move forward from there. Thank you! Smiley Happy

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hello, ellen

My name is Morgan, I'm one of the Community Managers. I apologize your services are not working properly, but I'll be glad to help you get this resolved. I'm going to send you a private message that will land in your inbox and we will move forward from there. Thank you! Smiley Happy

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: TV screen with red "X"

2 of 5 (964 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 10:50:20 PM
(0)
Contributor
Hi Morgan, I have the exact same problem, just got my dvr yesterday. It will not record, I have been trying to reset all day. All I get is the Red x on the black screen. I am disappointed, please advise, thank you.
Hi Morgan, I have the exact same problem, just got my dvr yesterday. It will not record, I have been trying to reset all day. All I get is the Red x on the black screen. I am disappointed, please advise, thank you.

3 of 5 (866 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2013 5:50:04 AM
(0)
Employee
Which red x...no dots, one dot, two dots or three dots below red X.
does the dvr link light turn on?
Red x with no dots is connection issue...how connected ethernet or coax?
Dvr in original location?, if moved to different location on coax, that cable is probably not connected at spiltter.
If original location on coax try factory resetting RG...(hpna light turned on at RG)
If dvr on ethernet try moving cable to different port at RG, possible bad port.
Do you have additional set top boxes that work...place dvr at one of those locations, same issue?

Red X with two dots is hardware failure, need another dvr.
Which red x...no dots, one dot, two dots or three dots below red X.
does the dvr link light turn on?
Red x with no dots is connection issue...how connected ethernet or coax?
Dvr in original location?, if moved to different location on coax, that cable is probably not connected at spiltter.
If original location on coax try factory resetting RG...(hpna light turned on at RG)
If dvr on ethernet try moving cable to different port at RG, possible bad port.
Do you have additional set top boxes that work...place dvr at one of those locations, same issue?

Red X with two dots is hardware failure, need another dvr.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 5 (857 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2013 6:34:07 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

When you see the red X are you looking at the television taht is connected to your DVR/STB?  If so call CS at the number listed below and ask the CSR to run a test on your service.  Have you tried disconnecting the ac cable on your RG for 30 seconds and reconnecting it?  If not do that before you call CS, also do the same thing with your STBs after the RG finishes rebooting.

When you see the red X are you looking at the television taht is connected to your DVR/STB?  If so call CS at the number listed below and ask the CSR to run a test on your service.  Have you tried disconnecting the ac cable on your RG for 30 seconds and reconnecting it?  If not do that before you call CS, also do the same thing with your STBs after the RG finishes rebooting.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (827 Views)