TV says No Signal-Guide disappeared

Contributor

TV says No Signal-Guide disappeared

New to Uverse and twice in the first 3 weeks there was No Signal when I tried to watch TV.  THe first time the on demand still worked but live TV did not.  Second time nothing worked.  Rebooted the box numerous times, unplugged cables and plugged back in.  Nothing and gave up.  The next day everything is fine both times.  However, the guide button will not bring up the guide after the latest outage.  Any ideas what to do ?  Do i get a credit on my bill for having no TV roughly 10% of the time so far ?

Message 1 of 3 (4,485 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: TV says No Signal-Guide disappeared

skullflower - There are two possible no signal messages -

1) from the TV. If this is the only TV involved, the cause may be he TV on the wrong input or a failure of the TV, connecting cable or STB.

2) From the STB (lists multiple suggestions) - The cause is the STB or upstream - house wiring or RG - Then look at the broadband light - blinking red - farther upstream - house wiring - outside the house.
If your house wiring includes COAX, make sure all connections are tight with compression ends, no barrel connectors.

Try a whole house reboot - remove power from all U-verse devices. Restore in sequence -
RG - wait for all green
DVR wait for reception
STNBs/WAPs
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (4,457 Views)
Employee

Re: TV says No Signal-Guide disappeared

Hi SkullFlower,

Just checking up on your post. I noticed Aviewer offered some helpful insight on the issue. Are you still experiencing issues with the TV service after performing the whole house reboot Aviewer suggested? If so, please let me know and I'll be glad to research this issue further and make sure you reach a resolution. Thank you! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS

- ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3 (4,410 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.