Helpful Links

TV pauses/freezes

Contributor

TV pauses/freezes

I just got uverse this past friday.  And on my tv w/ the wireless boxes the picture/sound lags or freezes for 1 to 2 seconds.  It do not do this on my wired box/tv.  Is this an issue w/ my wireless boxes?  I am still within my 30 days so I would like to know if i should ask for wired boxes to be set up or if there is a simple solutions to this problem.  I turned on my tv w/ the wired box and the other tvs havent lagged/paused since, I would rather not have to keep that tv on.

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert

Re: TV pauses/freezes

hmorris00 _ Sounds like you have two problems -
1) the picture freezes. This is caused by a momentary loss of signal. All you can do is try moving the WAP to a better location. I understand it should not be near the RG. How long is the cable? Can you move it closer to the wireless box. After that, call for repair. Odd that turning on the other TV fixes it.

2) Sometimes audio/video does get out of synch. Seems to come & go. Mostly, go. I have not seen it for a long time. but had a couple hours the other day. Change channel up/down may correct it. If it persists I would ask for a new box.

The wireless box can be connected cat5 if it is easy to run a wire.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Contributor

they way the tv freezes it reminds me of the way my directv signal would be interrupted when it would start raining and it would interfere w/ the signal.  As this was a major reason for switching I am not happy to have this issue and atleast w/ directv I knew when/why it was happening.

Message 3 of 6
ACE - Expert

hmorris00 - Yes. frequent momentary loss of signal is a fault that needs to be fixed. It is the nature of the digital process. It cannot update, so it persists. I was just trying to make suggestions based on my interpretation of your OP. You can always call & for repair.

I accept a momentary(less than a minute) loss about once a week of12 hour days
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6
Contributor

oh my interuptions are more like 4-8 times an hour

Message 5 of 6
ACE - Expert

hmorris00 Yes, your service is broken & needs to be fixed. I am sure they can fix it. I think I have had four repairs in eight years. I just call in & it gets fixed.
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Announcements

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Entertainment this holiday season!

Additional Support