Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 17, 2013
3:56:57 PM
View profile
TV loss of signal on all STBs
Edited by mfreitas on Oct 17, 2013 at 3:57:25 PM

The TV will lose signal several times a day on all stbs: 1 wired and 2 wireless.  I have a bonded pair install so I can't post uverse realtime stats.  Broadband stats from the RG below.  Any help appreciated.

DSL Status
  Line 1 Line 2  Downstream Upstream Downstream Upstream
Line StateUpUp
Downstream Sync Rate (kbps)2750227724
Upstream Sync Rate (kbps)30403040
Downstream Max Attainable Rate (kbps)4913250864
Upstream Max Attainable Rate (kbps)1135411396
ModulationVDSL2VDSL2
Data PathInterleavedInterleaved
SN Margin (dB)17.624.018.024.2
Line Attenuation (dB)34.024.334.724.3
Output Power(dBm)14.58.614.58.6
Errored Seconds250170
Loss of Signal0000
Loss of Frame0000
FEC Errors1955110556321067
CRC Errors1440660
Aggregated Information
Bonded Downstream Rate27502
Bonded Upstream Rate3040

The TV will lose signal several times a day on all stbs: 1 wired and 2 wireless.  I have a bonded pair install so I can't post uverse realtime stats.  Broadband stats from the RG below.  Any help appreciated.

DSL Status
  Line 1 Line 2  Downstream Upstream Downstream Upstream
Line StateUpUp
Downstream Sync Rate (kbps)2750227724
Upstream Sync Rate (kbps)30403040
Downstream Max Attainable Rate (kbps)4913250864
Upstream Max Attainable Rate (kbps)1135411396
ModulationVDSL2VDSL2
Data PathInterleavedInterleaved
SN Margin (dB)17.624.018.024.2
Line Attenuation (dB)34.024.334.724.3
Output Power(dBm)14.58.614.58.6
Errored Seconds250170
Loss of Signal0000
Loss of Frame0000
FEC Errors1955110556321067
CRC Errors1440660
Aggregated Information
Bonded Downstream Rate27502
Bonded Upstream Rate3040

TV loss of signal on all STBs

[ Edited ]
4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2013 4:14:09 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi mfreitas,

I apologize for the inconveniences with your TV services. I definitely want to help in getting this issued fixed for you, and will be sending you a private message to gather more information.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi mfreitas,

I apologize for the inconveniences with your TV services. I definitely want to help in getting this issued fixed for you, and will be sending you a private message to gather more information.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: TV loss of signal on all STBs

2 of 5 (166 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2013 4:16:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
mfreitas - with pair bonded install you get COAX TV. You can check for top quality wire, no barrel connectors, tight connections with compression fittings and splitter supplied by att with connections on the correct ports. I suppose wall jacks are barrel connectors. Make sure connections behind walls are tight with compression fittings.

If you have a lot of energy you could try connecting individual legs to see if you can isolate a problem with one leg.

After that, it is either in the electronics or upstream. You could call in for remote testing to see if they can see anything. With pair bonding sometimes only one pair is working & you really need both.
mfreitas - with pair bonded install you get COAX TV. You can check for top quality wire, no barrel connectors, tight connections with compression fittings and splitter supplied by att with connections on the correct ports. I suppose wall jacks are barrel connectors. Make sure connections behind walls are tight with compression fittings.

If you have a lot of energy you could try connecting individual legs to see if you can isolate a problem with one leg.

After that, it is either in the electronics or upstream. You could call in for remote testing to see if they can see anything. With pair bonding sometimes only one pair is working & you really need both.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (165 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2013 4:21:53 PM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks for the fast reply.  There are no coax connections.  the DVR is connected to the wired STB via cat5.  There are two keystone wall plates between the RG and STB.  As I am writing this post I get the dreaded "Telelvision signal has been lost".  ARRRGH

Thanks for the fast reply.  There are no coax connections.  the DVR is connected to the wired STB via cat5.  There are two keystone wall plates between the RG and STB.  As I am writing this post I get the dreaded "Telelvision signal has been lost".  ARRRGH

4 of 5 (161 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2013 4:49:45 PM
(0)
Employee
Line attenuation is too high, CRC issues probably causing RG to reboot, noise interference question is inside or outside

Possible list to consider http://adslm.dohrenburg.net/troubleshoot/interference.php
Line attenuation is too high, CRC issues probably causing RG to reboot, noise interference question is inside or outside

Possible list to consider http://adslm.dohrenburg.net/troubleshoot/interference.php
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 5 (149 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments