TV losing signal

Contributor

TV losing signal

Hello,

I'm currently having some weird problems concerning my reciever (model No. VIP1225). The TV reciever will turn on and will recieve fantastic signal, but after 1 minute or so, it completely loses the signal. The reciever itself is connected via ethernet cord to a router (Netgear model N600). That router is then connected, via a super-long 50ft ethernet cord, to my uverse modem, model No. 3801HGV. If I connect my uverse modem directly to the TV reciever, the TV signal is completely fine, which would rule out an ethernet cord problem. My router has never had a problem before, so I'm not quite sure what the problem is. The modem's signal strength is moderate, which is why I connected a router to my other room. I would prefer to connect the TV reciever to the router, rather than the model directly itself, but again, in doing so, I recieve TV signal problems. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix my problem?

Message 1 of 4 (919 Views)
Employee

Re: TV losing signal

Cannot use router, could use switch but cannot mix PC internet traffic and IP TV on same switch

http://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/Erratic-TV-Reception-with-DVR-behind-Router-behind-3801...
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4 (911 Views)
Contributor

ah well that's unfortunate. Thanks for the reply!

Message 3 of 4 (879 Views)
Voyager

my thoughts wrote:
Cannot use router, could use switch but cannot mix PC internet traffic and IP TV on same switch

http://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/Erratic-TV-Reception-with-DVR-behind-Router-behind-3801...

This is not true. There are several users who have had success with setting up their router as a wireless access point connected to the ATT RG. 

Message 4 of 4 (659 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.