Switching sim / phone.

Switching sim / phone.

Hello i wanted to know how much ATnT charges for switching service from one iphone 5s to another. Thanks.
Message 1 of 8 (348 Views)
Employee

Re: Switching sim / phone.

[ Edited ]

Hey Iphoneuser1994,

Another 5s? You don't even need to let AT&T know, swap the sim.

If you're switching from a iphone 5s you own to another iphone, it really shouldn't be anything.

You might need a new sim depending on the model, but Customer services or corporate stores don't charge for that. (authorized retailers do)

-Alex

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 8 (346 Views)

Can I also ask the fee for detaching my personal information from my iphone 5s and having AT&T unlock it so I can sell it.
Message 3 of 8 (337 Views)

Also can I keep me unlimited service in my new iphone 5s while detaching the info from my old under contract 5s?
Message 4 of 8 (331 Views)
Employee

You will be able to keep your unlimited data with no issues at all.

Your old iPhone can only be unlocked if you have met the terms of the contract (two years or the terms of Next if you're on it) and are a customer in good standing. Just switching from one iPhone 5S to another will not make the old device eligible for unlock.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 8 (320 Views)

You've been a big help so far and I thank you for your time. I had one final question, since I haven't met the two years for the phone and between you me and everyone else here my account is not in good standing, so how would I sell my iphone 5s since I can't unlock it?
Message 6 of 8 (305 Views)
ACE - Expert

You need to tell whoever you sell the phone to, that it is locked to AT&T and cannot be unlocked.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 8 (286 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

The device itself will just be locked to AT&T's network and in most cases will not be able to be unlocked. If you are selling it in the US you should have no issues with selling the device as many people will pay a lot of money since the retail cost of the device is expensive.

If you're selling overseas just make sure you inform them it is a locked device.

Employee Contributor*
Message 8 of 8 (285 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.