Surcharges and Government Fees

Tutor

Surcharges and Government Fees

Hoping anyone can help.  On page 1 of my bill under the Monthly Charges, Other Charges & Credits and Government Fees and Taxes why are these same charges under the section for my TV, Internet, and Phone?  Though the charges are different not understanding why what appears to me to be duplicate types of charges.  I know AT&T is a rip off along with the government and the FCC in access but if already including in the individual sections, why also on page 1?

Message 1 of 10
ACE - Expert

Re: Surcharges and Government Fees

There can be city, county, state charges for the Uvoice and TV plus a $1.99 fee we all pay to ATT (profit building).  Also a $2.00 fee we all pay for the RG (more profit building).   Then state sales tax.  This should cover the fees you get charged. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 10
Employee

Each service is unique with its own related taxes, your services (3) are bundled for a discount promotion and single bill statement but itemized for each service received and their associated taxes.

The same if you ever fall behind in your payments and are disconnected, the reconnect fee is $30 per service, ($90 for triple play)
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 10
ACE - Expert

jeayv - I honestly do not understand how you can expect to accomplish anything through this forum. No one here can see your bill. Your description is too general to understand your bill. No one here can explain your bill, only generalities can be provided.

In trying to provide you with an answer, I looked at my bill & only see the other charges in one section. So, I cannot help. You need to review your bill with an at&t rep that can explain each individual line item & verify the parts add up to the total. You should be able to do that last step yourself.

Maybe you need to do it with another in person. Try an at&t store. Or, is there a community service that helps people understand the details on a bill?

It should be easy for you to determine if both occurances of the charges (or only one) are included in the bottom line total. Only att & the government can tell you if the charges are correct. Check with friends and nieghbors to see if they have the same charges on their bill.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 10
Tutor

Oh, I understand my bill and can read it.? My question was only a general one and I would not copy just anyone and let them see my invoice anyway.? Because I explained where the charges exactly where, I don't find my general question too complicated.
?
J
Message 5 of 10
Tutor

This does not answer my question which was a basic general question describing the section where I find the charges. I would think the question could be answered as to why duplicate set of charges.
Message 6 of 10
Tutor

Still does not answer my question as to why I would find these charges in different sections on my bill. I know there are surcharges and taxes each for internet, tv, and phone; however, as was stated in my question, why are there separate charges on the first page of my bill under Account Charges. If you are an AT&T rep, you should have been able to answer. I guess my question was not a simple one and now I have to call a rep and hear that AT&T probably screwed up my bill AGAIN.
Message 7 of 10
ACE - Master

Even though the charges are LISTED twice are you sure you are being CHARGED twice?

Have you totaled all the charges and amounts and compared your numbers to thiers?  It be just a screwy way of listing them on the bill.

I'd have to look are my bill to see if the charges on the first page are a total of the charges of the 3 separate services.

That's my 2 cents.  Spend it wisely.

Message 8 of 10
ACE - Professor

jeayv wrote:

Hoping anyone can help.  On page 1 of my bill under the Monthly Charges, Other Charges & Credits and Government Fees and Taxes why are these same charges under the section for my TV, Internet, and Phone?  Though the charges are different not understanding why what appears to me to be duplicate types of charges.  I know AT&T is a rip off along with the government and the FCC in access but if already including in the individual sections, why also on page 1?

The Government Fees and Taxes in the "Other Charges & Credits" (OCC) section of your bill related specifically to the charges found in that section.

What charges are you seeing in that section? For example, many customers will have prorated monthly charges in that section (especially if it's the first bill). If the OCC section has a partial month of TV, Internet and Phone service, then it will also have the appropriate partial month of taxes and fees for that service.

Message 9 of 10
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

jeayv wrote:
Still does not answer my question as to why I would find these charges in different sections on my bill. I know there are surcharges and taxes each for internet, tv, and phone; however, as was stated in my question, why are there separate charges on the first page of my bill under Account Charges. If you are an AT&T rep, you should have been able to answer. I guess my question was not a simple one and now I have to call a rep and hear that AT&T probably screwed up my bill AGAIN.

FYI, this forum is a peer-to-peer resource for Uverse. There are a few AT&T employees here; they are easily identified by the disclaimer in their signature line stating they are AT&T employees.

If you would like to discuss this further with an employee, you can send a private message to AT&T Customer Care using the link below.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Message 10 of 10
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support