Posted May 5, 2012
9:26:42 AM
Super Moon Tonight!

The biggest moon of the year will occur tonight at 11:34 ET. Earlier for those out West. And you better watch out because who knows what kind of havoc will occur in combination with those celebrating Cinco De Mayo. I'm staying home! LOL.

Here's a good video from NASA explaining what makes the moon 14% bigger tonight.

The biggest moon of the year will occur tonight at 11:34 ET. Earlier for those out West. And you better watch out because who knows what kind of havoc will occur in combination with those celebrating Cinco De Mayo. I'm staying home! LOL.

Here's a good video from NASA explaining what makes the moon 14% bigger tonight.

Super Moon Tonight!

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 6, 2012 4:25:57 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Was a pretty amazing site. Beautiful clear night here in Dallas area.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Was a pretty amazing site. Beautiful clear night here in Dallas area.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Super Moon Tonight!

2 of 6 (101 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 7, 2012 4:34:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I'll bet it was great to see.  Many of the clouds were blocking our view here in SE Michigan.  I could tell it was really bright though.  But it wasn't quite the same as actually seeing how big it was.

I'll bet it was great to see.  Many of the clouds were blocking our view here in SE Michigan.  I could tell it was really bright though.  But it wasn't quite the same as actually seeing how big it was.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 6 (78 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 11, 2012 12:30:13 AM
(0)
Expert

It was really big here, in TX! :smileyvery-happy:

I was going to take a photo while on the road, but didn't get a chance.

4 of 6 (67 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 11, 2012 4:30:35 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

spd2demun wrote:

Well, duh. It's Texas. :smileylol:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

spd2demun wrote:

Well, duh. It's Texas. :smileylol:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

5 of 6 (64 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 11, 2012 12:27:02 PM
(0)
Expert

Just testing to see if you're awake. :smileyvery-happy:

Just testing to see if you're awake. :smileyvery-happy:

6 of 6 (58 Views)