Suddently got a H1001 error on TV

Highlighted
Mentor

Suddently got a H1001 error on TV

Turn on the TV this morrning, big ugly black on white text message box on screen taking up almost 20% of the screen:

HDMI Error Unable to Display Video

(H1001-HDCP not supported on this display)

Well duh, there's nothing wrong, I see the normal TV picture underneath this error message. I try about 20 channels, the same error message. Try different TV inputs like my DVD player  and DLMA to stream videos from my PC  (I got a smart TV) no problem. 

I reboot the U-verse box, and the error message is gone.

What was this, why did it show up, has anyone else seen it?

Message 1 of 9
ACE - Expert

Re: Suddently got a H1001 error on TV

billy-xwow - Sounds like the STB did not see the HD Copy Protection signal from the TV & turned off the main signal, This does not affect the preview picture. Also, if you put the STB to sleep you should see the press OK screen.

Make sure the cable is well seated & not kinked. Maybe try another cable or input on the TV.

If it continues, the solution is to change to component or you can request a new STB.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 9
Mentor

Well this is CRAZY! Since the above error I mentioned now my U-verse remote is going nuts.  The Guide button no longer works at all. None of the four directional buttons that surround the OK button work or do weird things like the right arrow button now changes the volume.  The Menu button now brings up the menu choices from my TV. Back button does nothing. The only things that seem to work on the remote now are just the number key pad and the + - buttons to move through channels.

Message 3 of 9
ACE - Expert

billy-xwow - Try fresh batteries. Try pull the power reboot, then destructive reboot (this one erases recordings on DVR) Then need new STB. Did you try a remte from another stb? Actually swap the two to see if it the remote. This applies to only U_verse functions. Be sure not to mix them up if the TVs are different.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 9
Scholar

It sounds like you may have accidently hit the "TV" button on the top of the remote.   Press the 'AT&T' Button at the top of the remote (I believe top far left ... left of the power button' to tell the remote to control the AT&T Set Top Box. 

Message 5 of 9
Mentor

Smiley Happy I hate to point fingers, but... The H1001 error was genuine, lucky it hasn't come back but in rebooting my STB I set my remote near it on the floor. I guess my dog stepped on the remote with his big paws which indeed did switch it from the first AT&T button to the next one, TV. I should have noticed, but I didn't. At lease the dog didn't pick up the remote and hide it somewhere. He's done that before. There's a certain anchor on CNN (who shall remain nameless) my dog doesn't like. Maybe he's trying to tell me to change channels.

Message 6 of 9
ACE - Master

Does this happen on the DVR box TV?

Message 7 of 9
Mentor

Its what AT&T calls the STB (set top box) what I call the "cable box" or the receiver, NOT the Gateway or what many refer to as the Router. It just happend once and went away after rebooting the STB.

What freaks you out is nothing appears wrong, the error message itself is misleading claiming it can't produce a picture while the normal picture is right under the error message and the only thing wrong seems to be the big ugly error message itself that doesn't go away and also seemed to override my TV's automatic screen saver which didn't kick in after 10 minutes.

Message 8 of 9
Contributor

I have the problem as well. 2 of 3 TVs work but HD won't work on main TV as screen went blue. When I plug Chromecast in same HDMI TV port, the cast works. When I plug the cable from TV box it goes blue. When I try the TV and HDMI cable from other TV that works, I get the H1001-HDCP error. IMO, it is the cable box and not TV or cable.
Message 9 of 9
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support