Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Oct 26, 2013
6:23:04 PM
Stuck on the on-demand screen
Im frustrated. One of my screens continue go to the On Demand screen. Ive tried hitting the top left AT&T button on the remote and then press the exit to tv button it goes to regular programming but it reboots back to on-demand about a minute later. Frustrated. Havent had UVERSE long. Help
Im frustrated. One of my screens continue go to the On Demand screen. Ive tried hitting the top left AT&T button on the remote and then press the exit to tv button it goes to regular programming but it reboots back to on-demand about a minute later. Frustrated. Havent had UVERSE long. Help

Stuck on the on-demand screen

6 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2013 6:42:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
hampton86 - Try a reboot of the box - pull the power for a half a minute.
Cover the front of the box so that it cannot see any light. If it still does it call for a new box.
If it does not do it something in the room is generating IR interpreted as a channel 1 or the on-demand button.
hampton86 - Try a reboot of the box - pull the power for a half a minute.
Cover the front of the box so that it cannot see any light. If it still does it call for a new box.
If it does not do it something in the room is generating IR interpreted as a channel 1 or the on-demand button.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Stuck on the on-demand screen

2 of 7 (1,117 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2013 12:38:15 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi hampton86,

I am so sorry about the inconveniences you are having with your new U-verse service, and I am hoping the advice that aviewer provided got everything working normally. If not, the next best step might be to replace the receiver, and I will be glad to help with that. Let us know how it is going.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi hampton86,

I am so sorry about the inconveniences you are having with your new U-verse service, and I am hoping the advice that aviewer provided got everything working normally. If not, the next best step might be to replace the receiver, and I will be glad to help with that. Let us know how it is going.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 7 (1,056 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2013 12:45:46 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks for the tip. I tried unplugging it but that didn't work. For some crazy reason, after waking up the next morning the problem had vanished.

An AT&T repairman came anyway and said it was probably an upgrade of the wireless boxes that caused them to go crazy.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the tip. I tried unplugging it but that didn't work. For some crazy reason, after waking up the next morning the problem had vanished.

An AT&T repairman came anyway and said it was probably an upgrade of the wireless boxes that caused them to go crazy.

Thanks again.

4 of 7 (1,053 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2013 12:46:28 PM
(0)
Tutor
Thanks it seems the problem is solved.
Thanks it seems the problem is solved.

5 of 7 (1,052 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2013 12:47:07 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks again.

Thanks again.

6 of 7 (1,051 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2013 12:48:21 PM
(0)
Community Support

Thank you for updating us Smiley Happy. I am glad everything worked out.

-David T

Thank you for updating us Smiley Happy. I am glad everything worked out.

-David T

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 7 (1,050 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments