Stop forgeign Scammers

Contributor

Stop forgeign Scammers

[ Edited ]

Getting through from a foreign country was a man calling from an unidentifiable number at 8:32pm, Monday July 23 2012. He told us he was support for our Microsoft based computer. I knew this was incorrect because I take care of our pcs myself.
 I did not give him time to try to con me and laughed at him and told him off.
He called right back at 8:33pm, instead of trying to "sell" me on his idea; he was saying an insult back to my husband and I. Which was "I'm {word filter evasion} you now", repeating it over and over for 2 minutes.
Somehow, someway... there must be a way to stop these people from calling.
This is not the first time a person from a foreign country has tried this exact scam by calling our home phone, a number we have had continuously for 24+ years.
As my service provider, I want AT&T to address this problem.
I don't want to be harassed after a long day at work after 8pm or anytime.
Our numbers are on the national DO NOT CALL list and this problem needs a serious solution. Others not as computer savvy as my family is could open themselves to a huge problem if they fall for this scam.

Message 1 of 2 (838 Views)
Highlighted
Former Moderator

Re: Stop forgeign Scammers

In efforts to avoid board clutter and confusion, we ask that you please refrain from cross and double posting. Please check here for responses to your inquiry. Thank you.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multipleposts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 2 of 2 (834 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.