Stolen identity

Contributor

Stolen identity

Dear att. I need to understand why I have to jump through so many hoops to get this $1000 charge off of me since it is clear I do not and have not ever lived in Michigan. I sent you copied of my drivers license and bills showing I lived in Alabama. You are the ones who gave someone service without any proof they were me, obviously, and now you want me to prove who I am? I shouldn't have to file a police report in order to prove my identity was stolen. I'm sorry you have $1000 worth of service to someone without verifying who they were, but perhaps you need to put a different process into play to verify who someone is. You also want me to send you several forms up and beyond the police report. I find this frustrating to have to take several hours of my free time for your mistake. Please assist in this matter. I have been a loyal cellular customer for 4 years.
Message 1 of 3 (395 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Stolen identity

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.

They can help you.....

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (389 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Stolen identity

Unfortunately, when you are the victim of identity theft (phone/credit cards/etc.), it's the responsibility of the victim to straighten it out. 

I had my CC info stolen TWICE from the same restaurant.  At least I had to assume it was from the same fine dining establishment since both times it happened within 10 days of dining there (I'm a slow learn...be nice).

Yes, it was a pain getting it all straightened out but no one else was going to do it for me.

As mentioned, contact the customer care team at the link provided.  But, sorry to tell you, it's up to YOU to make sure it's all taken care of.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3 (379 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.