Static IP Change

Contributor

Static IP Change

How would I go about changing my static IP? I have recently been under a couple of DDOS attacks by some people who have maliciously obtained my IP address.

Message 1 of 4 (308 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Static IP Change

[ Edited ]

If your talking about changing your WAN IP (Public) you can't.  It will usually change only if your moved to a different port on in the VRAD or if you replace your AT&T Router (RG).  Other than that it will remain the same.  Mine has been the same since 2008.

Since the one you have now is not really static (unless you paid for a static one) you could order 4 or 5 and switch them at your leisure.  Although you will have to pay for them.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (287 Views)
Community Manager

Hello @Devin_O , welcome to the forum and thank you for your post!

Did BeeBeeSA answer your question or do you still need more help? This article provides some general information about a Static IP and U-verse service: Information about a Static IP. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 4 (254 Views)
Employee

Hello Devin_O,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this.If you purchased a block of Static IP addresses I can help you change your block. If it is the Public IP you are looking to change, I will not be able to get you a new IP. This IP was reserved for you during your initial provisioning and although it has been tried to change the IP I have seen it remain the same even after Port changes and RG swaps. I have sent you a private message to investigate your situation further.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4 (247 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.