Sort "Series" by last time entry recorded

Teacher

Sort "Series" by last time entry recorded

[ Edited ]

Had my system almost 4 years, had over 200 series in my menu->recordings->series list.  Clearing it was a bit of a pain.

What would have helped is if I'd been able to sort those series by the last time the series got recorded.  Also give me checkboxes, and then let me delete a couple hundred with a single click of "delete selected".

One problem is the news likes to change it's name every few months, so I have several entries recording the 5 PM news and the national news (e.g. News @ 5, San Diego News @ 5, NBC San Diego News @ 5, NBC San Diego 5 O'Clock News, etc).  I have no idea which name is current.

Message 1 of 4 (330 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Sort "Series" by last time entry recorded

Yep snot I feel your pain.  I just went thru this also.  I was wanting to clean up my series recording list and my dear wife had all kinds of "stuff" set to series record.  Tons of duplicate series recordings, some left over from shows that no longer even air.  Those were the easy ones.  The others she had were a bit more challenging since I don't watch them (all chick flick type stuff) so I wasn't sure which were still ligit and which were, or maybe I should say, needed to be deleted.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (294 Views)
ACE - Expert

Yes, the system should help us use it.I have been caught in a number of "fails to schedule" syndicated shows. In trying to keep up on not missing shows, I notice that the scheduled list has time but not channel and the series list has channel, but not time. I hate to see wasted space - there is plenty of room on the line for both lists to have both channel and time.

Also, they both should have the number of shows scheduled. This may be useful in trying to clean it up.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4 (285 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

aviewer wrote:
Yes, the system should help us use it.I have been caught in a number of "fails to schedule" syndicated shows. In trying to keep up on not missing shows, I notice that the scheduled list has time but not channel and the series list has channel, but not time. I hate to see wasted space - there is plenty of room on the line for both lists to have both channel and time.

Also, they both should have the number of shows scheduled. This may be useful in trying to clean it up.

Add my name to the list of folks who want more functionality out of the DVR's GUI.  Afterall, AT&T Wireless is running that focus group TV commercial, "which is better?  More or Less?"  MORE is always better.  AT&T uses a horrific guide provider, coupled with a simple minded DVR, makes series recordings a bit sketchy.

Recall the "In the Kitchen with David" and "In the Kitchen with DavidR" fiasco?  The DVR should have been smart enough to catch that.  And my newscast made a slight name change and the series stopped.  Again, the change was very slight.  If the system had some reccomendation engine or Fuzzy logic, it would be nicer.

Back to the OP, multiple search and sort options should not be that hard to implement.

Message 4 of 4 (255 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.