Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 29, 2013
7:13:06 PM
View profile
Sooo....just got Uverse and all the recorded shows went to the "central" DVR. How can I start/stop a recorded show from anywhere in the house?

Sooo....just got Uverse and all the recorded shows went to the "central" DVR.  How can I start/stop a recorded show from anywhere in the house?

Sooo....just got Uverse and all the recorded shows went to the "central" DVR.  How can I start/stop a recorded show from anywhere in the house?

Sooo....just got Uverse and all the recorded shows went to the "central" DVR. How can I start/stop a recorded show from anywhere in the house?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2013 7:37:34 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The same way you would at the DVR.

Or you could use a smartphone app to do it.

The same way you would at the DVR.

Or you could use a smartphone app to do it.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Sooo....just got Uverse and all the recorded shows went to the "central" DVR. How can I start/stop a recorded show from anywhere in the house?

2 of 6 (619 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2013 7:49:04 PM
(0)
Contributor

Is there something I need to do to link the DVRs?  I get a message "Make sure this TV Receiver and the DVR receiver are connected to the network".  The "recordings" list is unavailable. 

Is there something I need to do to link the DVRs?  I get a message "Make sure this TV Receiver and the DVR receiver are connected to the network".  The "recordings" list is unavailable. 

Re: Sooo....just got Uverse and all the recorded shows went to the "central" DVR. How can I start/stop a recorded show from anywhere in the house?

3 of 6 (619 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2013 4:02:07 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I would unplug all boxes, then plug in the DVR and let it come back up, then plug in the rest of the boxes.  See how it works from there.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

I would unplug all boxes, then plug in the DVR and let it come back up, then plug in the rest of the boxes.  See how it works from there.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (619 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2013 5:49:10 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Both must be connected to the AT&T network via the Residential Gateway (RG) just for live TV.  This connection to the RG should function for the Set Top Box (STB) to DVR connection as well.  But from your message, apparently it is not.

beebeesa's suggestion is a good one.  Does live TV work on the STB and DVR when this happens?

Both must be connected to the AT&T network via the Residential Gateway (RG) just for live TV.  This connection to the RG should function for the Set Top Box (STB) to DVR connection as well.  But from your message, apparently it is not.

beebeesa's suggestion is a good one.  Does live TV work on the STB and DVR when this happens?

Re: Sooo....just got Uverse and all the recorded shows went to the "central" DVR.  How can I start/stop a recorded show from anywhere in the house?

5 of 6 (619 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2013 1:32:35 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi knick,

Just wanted to check with you to see if the information that beebeesa and jeffermc provided help resolve the issue. If not, one other thing to try to do is reboot the U-verse modem and then the cable boxes.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi knick,

Just wanted to check with you to see if the information that beebeesa and jeffermc provided help resolve the issue. If not, one other thing to try to do is reboot the U-verse modem and then the cable boxes.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 6 (619 Views)