Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 14, 2013
6:29:39 PM
View profile
Sony Tv will not connect to Uverse
My sony bravia tv will not connect to my uverse. All other tvs in my house have a connection, but the direct connection from my tv to the uverse box isn't found. On every input channel on my tv, there is nothing. I'm not very electronically savvy so please help..
My sony bravia tv will not connect to my uverse. All other tvs in my house have a connection, but the direct connection from my tv to the uverse box isn't found. On every input channel on my tv, there is nothing. I'm not very electronically savvy so please help..

Sony Tv will not connect to Uverse

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2013 6:35:31 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by aviewer on Nov 14, 2013 at 6:56:06 PM

Annaleel123 - Are you saying that you have connected the two with a cable. but cannot find it on the menu??

Please post which connection method is used and the model number & I will look up the manual to see how you select that input.

Only one possible connection uses a channel number - Analog channel 3 is usd if there is a COAX connection. You could have a video or HDMI connection that needs to be selected by a menu, not a channel number.

I see you posted the model number in another post.

Here is the manual link - https://docs.sony.com/release/KDL32BX310.pdf

It says the Sony remote has an input button. Keep pressing that til you see the U-verse screen.

If yo need more, you wil have to post how it is connected.

Annaleel123 - Are you saying that you have connected the two with a cable. but cannot find it on the menu??

Please post which connection method is used and the model number & I will look up the manual to see how you select that input.

Only one possible connection uses a channel number - Analog channel 3 is usd if there is a COAX connection. You could have a video or HDMI connection that needs to be selected by a menu, not a channel number.

I see you posted the model number in another post.

Here is the manual link - https://docs.sony.com/release/KDL32BX310.pdf

It says the Sony remote has an input button. Keep pressing that til you see the U-verse screen.

If yo need more, you wil have to post how it is connected.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Sony Tv will not connect to Uverse

[ Edited ]
2 of 4 (1,179 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2015 10:34:30 AM
(0)
Contributor

I am having the exact same problem. I have a sony smart 4K 810C. My Uverse box is ethernet connected to my router (which worked for my old TV, and is hdmi connected to the TV. The TV cannot find any digital channels, and I cannot find any uverse option in the input menu. 

I am having the exact same problem. I have a sony smart 4K 810C. My Uverse box is ethernet connected to my router (which worked for my old TV, and is hdmi connected to the TV. The TV cannot find any digital channels, and I cannot find any uverse option in the input menu. 

3 of 4 (403 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2015 11:08:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

@willianfan17 - Since the TV & U-verse box are connected HDMI - To set the TV to that input -Turn "off" the STB so that the green light is not lit on the front - Use the TV remote to scan the TV input menu while looking on the TV sceen for the u-verse "press OK" display. When displayed press the OK button on the u-verse remote.

After finding it you can turn on the STB by the OK button, if the picture disappears, there is an HDMI problem. You can try different HDMI connections on the TV or switch to component.

RE: The TV cannot find any digital channels - You probably need an antenna to receive Over the Air channel on the TV. The TV cannot "tune" any u-verse channels.

@willianfan17 - Since the TV & U-verse box are connected HDMI - To set the TV to that input -Turn "off" the STB so that the green light is not lit on the front - Use the TV remote to scan the TV input menu while looking on the TV sceen for the u-verse "press OK" display. When displayed press the OK button on the u-verse remote.

After finding it you can turn on the STB by the OK button, if the picture disappears, there is an HDMI problem. You can try different HDMI connections on the TV or switch to component.

RE: The TV cannot find any digital channels - You probably need an antenna to receive Over the Air channel on the TV. The TV cannot "tune" any u-verse channels.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (391 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments