Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 4, 2009
4:16:05 PM
View profile
Something Weird Going on in City of Saginaw with U-verse Services

The Past few weeks I've been trying to come up with a U-verse plan that fits my Life Style Hitting a Brick wall Because I keep getting Unavailable notices from the U-verse Website. So I called at&t U-verse support and they setup a address vaidation. Which I've not Heard back yet.

Aonther things I was checking out was Outside support Hardware like VRAD NID Networking config in the Area.

Here's the Weird thing The Saginaw TWP Has U-verse Everywhere. The City of Saginaw where the U-verse Head end is there is few or no U-verse service. I'm like What the Heck is going.

Here's a list of What I think going on Here

City of Saginaw turned down PEG offer because AT&T wanted money to install the coveter and transmission hardware to there system

(Charter Already Established PEG with franchise Agreement. No cost to the City of Saginaw.

Other Possible Issue Right of Way for installing the Hardware like the VRAD and other hardware Government Political Issues Blocking the Deployment in the City.

What ever It is It's not helping me nothing.

My next Option is to move, I do not want to do.  

The Past few weeks I've been trying to come up with a U-verse plan that fits my Life Style Hitting a Brick wall Because I keep getting Unavailable notices from the U-verse Website. So I called at&t U-verse support and they setup a address vaidation. Which I've not Heard back yet.

Aonther things I was checking out was Outside support Hardware like VRAD NID Networking config in the Area.

Here's the Weird thing The Saginaw TWP Has U-verse Everywhere. The City of Saginaw where the U-verse Head end is there is few or no U-verse service. I'm like What the Heck is going.

Here's a list of What I think going on Here

City of Saginaw turned down PEG offer because AT&T wanted money to install the coveter and transmission hardware to there system

(Charter Already Established PEG with franchise Agreement. No cost to the City of Saginaw.

Other Possible Issue Right of Way for installing the Hardware like the VRAD and other hardware Government Political Issues Blocking the Deployment in the City.

What ever It is It's not helping me nothing.

My next Option is to move, I do not want to do.  

Something Weird Going on in City of Saginaw with U-verse Services

18 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(18)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2009 10:34:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Under the state franchise ATT got here in Michigan does not give the municipalities the right to block

ATT's Uverse equipment or even control what goes in the utility corridors.  So political pressure is not

going to stop Uverse's march.  :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
YRMV IMHO Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Under the state franchise ATT got here in Michigan does not give the municipalities the right to block

ATT's Uverse equipment or even control what goes in the utility corridors.  So political pressure is not

going to stop Uverse's march.  :smileywink:

Chris

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Something Weird Going on in City of Saginaw with U-verse Services

2 of 19 (967 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2009 10:53:14 PM
(0)
Guru

It's just weird I've not heard anything from the sales rep who setup a address validation visit.

Ok so I might not be able to get U-verse now but I want a projected time frame it'll be available Then.

It's just weird I've not heard anything from the sales rep who setup a address validation visit.

Ok so I might not be able to get U-verse now but I want a projected time frame it'll be available Then.

3 of 19 (967 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2009 11:25:12 PM
(0)
Expert

You can bet local political entities are the main reason...there were some folks on uverseusers.com in Houston who have waited over a year in their part of town!  I'm still seeing new VRADs in the Houston area, and these are more established neighborhoods who had to have cross-connects installed! 

Ask people in CT about the crap that went on there. :smileymad:

Hate to say you'll have to be patient, but it will get there eventually. :smileyhappy:

You can bet local political entities are the main reason...there were some folks on uverseusers.com in Houston who have waited over a year in their part of town!  I'm still seeing new VRADs in the Houston area, and these are more established neighborhoods who had to have cross-connects installed! 

Ask people in CT about the crap that went on there. :smileymad:

Hate to say you'll have to be patient, but it will get there eventually. :smileyhappy:

4 of 19 (967 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2009 7:16:35 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Money hasn't made it's way into the right pockets.:smileywink:
Money hasn't made it's way into the right pockets.:smileywink:
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 19 (967 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2009 7:28:02 AM
(0)
Guru

The Funny thing is I spent alot of Money on Cat5 cable about little over 160ft of it in my house and No U-verse in sight. I got cat5 looking like big strands of spaghetti just hanging down where the U-verse Gateway will be one Day.

I didn't use the whole spool yet either.

Message Edited by Mikro on 12-05-2009 10:36 AM
Message Edited by Mikro on 12-05-2009 11:05 AM

The Funny thing is I spent alot of Money on Cat5 cable about little over 160ft of it in my house and No U-verse in sight. I got cat5 looking like big strands of spaghetti just hanging down where the U-verse Gateway will be one Day.

I didn't use the whole spool yet either.

Message Edited by Mikro on 12-05-2009 10:36 AM
Message Edited by Mikro on 12-05-2009 11:05 AM

6 of 19 (967 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2009 7:50:09 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

$1000, sure hope you didn't spend that as that was a super ripoff if you did.  1000' of cat5e $63.85 at

monoprice.com. :smileyvery-happy:

Chris

$1000, sure hope you didn't spend that as that was a super ripoff if you did.  1000' of cat5e $63.85 at

monoprice.com. :smileyvery-happy:

Chris

7 of 19 (967 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2009 7:57:56 AM
(0)
Employee

My first guess would have been the exchange offices do not have the local equipment turn on yet. I know of one town the outside vrads were in for a year or more but the CO for that town did not have the equipment turned on until recently.   If you see the vrads in your area there is hope next year if not it may be a some time.

They keep their planning under wraps and until you see hardware going in don't get your hopes up. Then it may be a while for them to turn it on. 

My first guess would have been the exchange offices do not have the local equipment turn on yet. I know of one town the outside vrads were in for a year or more but the CO for that town did not have the equipment turned on until recently.   If you see the vrads in your area there is hope next year if not it may be a some time.

They keep their planning under wraps and until you see hardware going in don't get your hopes up. Then it may be a while for them to turn it on. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

8 of 19 (967 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2009 8:07:23 AM
(0)
Guru
A 1,000 Bucks I must of been drunk when I typed that huh I fixed it.
A 1,000 Bucks I must of been drunk when I typed that huh I fixed it.

9 of 19 (967 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2009 8:11:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

Chris

:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

Chris

10 of 19 (967 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2009 8:47:19 AM
(0)
Guru
Back to My Issue I just find it weird that AT&T would advertise on TV U-verse deals a little more than a Year ago it was announced in the Press and News Media it was in My Area. But it's not on my Street I want to know Why and I want to Know when. I can get it and I'm not stopping till I get answers
Message Edited by Mikro on 12-05-2009 11:49 AM
Back to My Issue I just find it weird that AT&T would advertise on TV U-verse deals a little more than a Year ago it was announced in the Press and News Media it was in My Area. But it's not on my Street I want to know Why and I want to Know when. I can get it and I'm not stopping till I get answers
Message Edited by Mikro on 12-05-2009 11:49 AM

11 of 19 (902 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2009 9:17:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Guess you won't stop asking as ATT will never give you a definite date.you will be able to get Uverse. :smileywink:

Chris

Guess you won't stop asking as ATT will never give you a definite date.you will be able to get Uverse. :smileywink:

Chris

12 of 19 (902 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2009 9:27:32 AM
(0)
Guru
I finally found a few local phone numbers I'm going to get my answer soon.
I finally found a few local phone numbers I'm going to get my answer soon.

13 of 19 (902 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2009 9:43:09 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

In your dreams, ATT doesn't even know when they will expand, they have to see what VDSL2 and

eventually pair bonding do for coverage before they expand w/new VRADS or mini VRADS. :smileywink:

Chris

In your dreams, ATT doesn't even know when they will expand, they have to see what VDSL2 and

eventually pair bonding do for coverage before they expand w/new VRADS or mini VRADS. :smileywink:

Chris

14 of 19 (902 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2009 9:57:46 AM
(0)
Employee
If they are not really close to turning up an area it is hard to find out even from the inside. Your phone numbers may work but I would be more surprised if you get a good answer then not.    One reason is the best laid plans go a stray and the other is they use to announce dates and the cable companies would have sales to lock in their customers for a year or two which would hurt the take rate in new areas.
If they are not really close to turning up an area it is hard to find out even from the inside. Your phone numbers may work but I would be more surprised if you get a good answer then not.    One reason is the best laid plans go a stray and the other is they use to announce dates and the cable companies would have sales to lock in their customers for a year or two which would hurt the take rate in new areas.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

15 of 19 (902 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2009 10:23:14 AM
(0)
Master

16 of 19 (902 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2009 11:08:00 AM
(0)
Guru
I got a spot all picked out in My Backyard for a VRAD if AT&T wants to put one Up there I don't even use that corner of my backyard
I got a spot all picked out in My Backyard for a VRAD if AT&T wants to put one Up there I don't even use that corner of my backyard

17 of 19 (902 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2012 5:51:55 PM
(0)
Tutor

there have been fiber poles popping up on michigan and webber and bay and holland

there have been fiber poles popping up on michigan and webber and bay and holland

18 of 19 (791 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2012 6:02:47 PM
(0)
Former Moderator

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed, as it is very old. 

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multipleposts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed, as it is very old. 

19 of 19 (785 Views)