Helpful Links

Some web sites inaccessible

Contributor

Some web sites inaccessible

Just started having trouble this morning accessing various web sites from our U-verse internet connection. Some sites are working and others don't return any response at all. The problem occurs with all of our computers and rebooting the gateway doesn't help. Tried the AT&T support line and the option to speak to a rep just gets a busy signal. Is there some kind of general outage happening in NW Houston/Cypress-Fairbanks? Any suggestions on how to get this working?

Message 2 of 43
Mentor

Re: Some web sites inaccessible

El Paso appears to be back now.

Message 31 of 43
ACE - Master

.....and we're back.  Smiley Happy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 32 of 43

Madison, WI is back also. I wonder what was so bad that it took out their entire system and still took so long to fix? Just glad it is over.

Message 33 of 43
Mentor

Was using manual DNS, just switched back to automatic, and now sites that formerly were not coming up seem okay now. Looks like AT&T got this resolved. 

Message 34 of 43
Explorer

We're up in Connecticut, too.

Message 35 of 43
Contributor

Back in Cleveland, too

Message 36 of 43
Contributor

I've noticed that it seems to be the sites we visit the most that we not can get to.

Message 37 of 43
Highlighted
Community Support

Thank you to everyone that has posted on this thread. We apologize for any inconveniences. We received confirmation that this issue has been resolved. If you are still having any further issues, please let us know.

Thank you,

David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 38 of 43
ACE - Expert

MandaMalice wrote:

I've noticed that it seems to be the sites we visit the most that we not can get to.

Your windows PC will retain DNS information (including that DNS name can't be found) for a period of time.  You will have attempted to visit those you visit most this morning when there was a widespread problem.

You may have to open a CMD window an enter IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS in order to remove the cached "that name doesn't exist" entries and have it go look again.

I believe the DNS forwarder in the RG also has a cache, which may also suffer this same issue.  To fix that, you'd have to reboot it, too.  (In fact, the issue may have been shorter lived if not for cached bad answers).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 39 of 43
Guru

Yep, confirmed.  The Internets is working again in Cleveland, OH.

Wonder what happened.  For awhile there I was thinking that the Internet forgot how to route packets.  I was doing traceroutes to find out where things were going wrong and it seemed like some packets were being sent to /dev/null and being dropped.

Message 40 of 43
Former Employee

Hello, again!

Earlier today, a limited number of AT&T customers across multiple states may have experienced a disruption with U-verse High Speed Internet service due to a third-party web hosting service issue. U-verse TV and voice services were not impacted. Technicians worked to quickly resolve the issue, and service is currently running normally. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Message 41 of 43
Tutor

Im having the same problem and I can't post to the forum ether, it keeps asking me to choose a communit even when I do. I can't get any support ether

Message 42 of 43
Tutor

i've been having problem every since I was forced on to uverse DSL. Many of the websites I try to access will not load. Yahoo, Wikapedia, ATT(I'm on another computer). Sometimes if I wait 10-20 minutes the page will ether time out or load. I can't post to the forums ether (tried from two computers). I'm very frustrated with the service

Message 43 of 43
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support