Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 27, 2014
6:55:58 AM
View profile
Some web sites inaccessible

Just started having trouble this morning accessing various web sites from our U-verse internet connection. Some sites are working and others don't return any response at all. The problem occurs with all of our computers and rebooting the gateway doesn't help. Tried the AT&T support line and the option to speak to a rep just gets a busy signal. Is there some kind of general outage happening in NW Houston/Cypress-Fairbanks? Any suggestions on how to get this working?

Just started having trouble this morning accessing various web sites from our U-verse internet connection. Some sites are working and others don't return any response at all. The problem occurs with all of our computers and rebooting the gateway doesn't help. Tried the AT&T support line and the option to speak to a rep just gets a busy signal. Is there some kind of general outage happening in NW Houston/Cypress-Fairbanks? Any suggestions on how to get this working?

Some web sites inaccessible

42 replies
(17) Me too
(17) Me too
View all replies
(42)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2014 8:56:44 AM
(0)
Mentor

El Paso appears to be back now.

El Paso appears to be back now.

Re: Some web sites inaccessible

31 of 43 (1,001 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2014 9:00:23 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

.....and we're back.  Smiley Happy

.....and we're back.  Smiley Happy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

32 of 43 (979 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2014 9:19:08 AM
(0)
Tutor

Madison, WI is back also. I wonder what was so bad that it took out their entire system and still took so long to fix? Just glad it is over.

Madison, WI is back also. I wonder what was so bad that it took out their entire system and still took so long to fix? Just glad it is over.

33 of 43 (932 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2014 9:19:11 AM
(0)
Mentor

Was using manual DNS, just switched back to automatic, and now sites that formerly were not coming up seem okay now. Looks like AT&T got this resolved. 

Was using manual DNS, just switched back to automatic, and now sites that formerly were not coming up seem okay now. Looks like AT&T got this resolved. 

34 of 43 (931 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2014 9:19:39 AM
(0)
Explorer

We're up in Connecticut, too.

We're up in Connecticut, too.

35 of 43 (930 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2014 9:23:27 AM
(0)
Contributor

Back in Cleveland, too

Back in Cleveland, too

36 of 43 (923 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2014 9:25:16 AM
(0)
Contributor

I've noticed that it seems to be the sites we visit the most that we not can get to.

I've noticed that it seems to be the sites we visit the most that we not can get to.

37 of 43 (919 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2014 9:28:27 AM
(0)
Community Support

Thank you to everyone that has posted on this thread. We apologize for any inconveniences. We received confirmation that this issue has been resolved. If you are still having any further issues, please let us know.

Thank you,

David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Thank you to everyone that has posted on this thread. We apologize for any inconveniences. We received confirmation that this issue has been resolved. If you are still having any further issues, please let us know.

Thank you,

David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

38 of 43 (908 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2014 9:31:42 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by JefferMC on Jan 27, 2014 at 9:35:44 AM

MandaMalice wrote:

Your windows PC will retain DNS information (including that DNS name can't be found) for a period of time.  You will have attempted to visit those you visit most this morning when there was a widespread problem.

You may have to open a CMD window an enter IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS in order to remove the cached "that name doesn't exist" entries and have it go look again.

I believe the DNS forwarder in the RG also has a cache, which may also suffer this same issue.  To fix that, you'd have to reboot it, too.  (In fact, the issue may have been shorter lived if not for cached bad answers).

MandaMalice wrote:

Your windows PC will retain DNS information (including that DNS name can't be found) for a period of time.  You will have attempted to visit those you visit most this morning when there was a widespread problem.

You may have to open a CMD window an enter IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS in order to remove the cached "that name doesn't exist" entries and have it go look again.

I believe the DNS forwarder in the RG also has a cache, which may also suffer this same issue.  To fix that, you'd have to reboot it, too.  (In fact, the issue may have been shorter lived if not for cached bad answers).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
39 of 43 (905 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2014 9:33:40 AM
(0)
Guru
Edited by trparky on Jan 27, 2014 at 9:35:19 AM

Yep, confirmed.  The Internets is working again in Cleveland, OH.

Wonder what happened.  For awhile there I was thinking that the Internet forgot how to route packets.  I was doing traceroutes to find out where things were going wrong and it seemed like some packets were being sent to /dev/null and being dropped.

Yep, confirmed.  The Internets is working again in Cleveland, OH.

Wonder what happened.  For awhile there I was thinking that the Internet forgot how to route packets.  I was doing traceroutes to find out where things were going wrong and it seemed like some packets were being sent to /dev/null and being dropped.

The uversecare@att.com team, otherwise known as the uVerse Technical Support Miracle Workers.

[ Edited ]
40 of 43 (903 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2014 9:58:03 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, again!

Earlier today, a limited number of AT&T customers across multiple states may have experienced a disruption with U-verse High Speed Internet service due to a third-party web hosting service issue. U-verse TV and voice services were not impacted. Technicians worked to quickly resolve the issue, and service is currently running normally. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, again!

Earlier today, a limited number of AT&T customers across multiple states may have experienced a disruption with U-verse High Speed Internet service due to a third-party web hosting service issue. U-verse TV and voice services were not impacted. Technicians worked to quickly resolve the issue, and service is currently running normally. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

41 of 43 (887 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 4, 2014 5:25:21 PM
(0)
Tutor

Im having the same problem and I can't post to the forum ether, it keeps asking me to choose a communit even when I do. I can't get any support ether

Im having the same problem and I can't post to the forum ether, it keeps asking me to choose a communit even when I do. I can't get any support ether

42 of 43 (524 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 4, 2014 5:31:10 PM
(0)
Tutor

i've been having problem every since I was forced on to uverse DSL. Many of the websites I try to access will not load. Yahoo, Wikapedia, ATT(I'm on another computer). Sometimes if I wait 10-20 minutes the page will ether time out or load. I can't post to the forums ether (tried from two computers). I'm very frustrated with the service

i've been having problem every since I was forced on to uverse DSL. Many of the websites I try to access will not load. Yahoo, Wikapedia, ATT(I'm on another computer). Sometimes if I wait 10-20 minutes the page will ether time out or load. I can't post to the forums ether (tried from two computers). I'm very frustrated with the service

43 of 43 (520 Views)