Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 24, 2013
11:06:26 PM
View profile
Some videos will not play at uverseonline.att.net

Hello.

For some reason I am having trouble playing back some videos from uverseonline.att.net.

It is fine for some.. everything from HBO and CINEMAX are fine.. But SHowtime just gives a black screen as well as others.

Even in the main view with the preview window, instead of a picture there is a little symbol.

I reinstalled shockwave and still have the issue... Actually have it on 2 comptuers.

I dont think it is account related because this happens even witho9tu signing in with the clips.. wont shopw those

Anyone else have this issue and if so how can it be fixed?

Thank you

Mike

PS It happens on both chrome and IE browser I am using a PC

Hello.

For some reason I am having trouble playing back some videos from uverseonline.att.net.

It is fine for some.. everything from HBO and CINEMAX are fine.. But SHowtime just gives a black screen as well as others.

Even in the main view with the preview window, instead of a picture there is a little symbol.

I reinstalled shockwave and still have the issue... Actually have it on 2 comptuers.

I dont think it is account related because this happens even witho9tu signing in with the clips.. wont shopw those

Anyone else have this issue and if so how can it be fixed?

Thank you

Mike

PS It happens on both chrome and IE browser I am using a PC

Some videos will not play at uverseonline.att.net

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2013 11:20:52 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Do you have any kind of ad blocker software/plug in installed?

Do you have any kind of ad blocker software/plug in installed?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Some videos will not play at uverseonline.att.net

2 of 4 (881 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2013 6:50:26 AM
(0)
Teacher
No.... Just the standard chrome and IE.

And to clarify the black box comes up but nothing plays.. sometimes the circle spins a second. Sometimes it said the clip did play when it didnt. What is odd is this is on 2 computers... I thought it has to do withj Shockwave or Flash but not sure... and all others play fine exceppt Shotime and Screen Pack (yes I do subscribe to it).

ALso there is not even a small picture on the sceen in the browese screen with all the shows for the ones that dont work.. just a small thing looks like a notepad!
No.... Just the standard chrome and IE.

And to clarify the black box comes up but nothing plays.. sometimes the circle spins a second. Sometimes it said the clip did play when it didnt. What is odd is this is on 2 computers... I thought it has to do withj Shockwave or Flash but not sure... and all others play fine exceppt Shotime and Screen Pack (yes I do subscribe to it).

ALso there is not even a small picture on the sceen in the browese screen with all the shows for the ones that dont work.. just a small thing looks like a notepad!

3 of 4 (824 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2013 8:24:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The reason I asked that is sometimes videos will be preceded by advertisements.  If the advertisement can't load, then the video won't play.  I have this issue sometimes due to ad blockers.  Apparently not your issue.

The different videos may be played by different software components, and the one you need for those videos may not be installed, and/or your browser security won't let you download those components.

The reason I asked that is sometimes videos will be preceded by advertisements.  If the advertisement can't load, then the video won't play.  I have this issue sometimes due to ad blockers.  Apparently not your issue.

The different videos may be played by different software components, and the one you need for those videos may not be installed, and/or your browser security won't let you download those components.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (812 Views)