Ask a question

Posted Oct 23, 2013
    6:30:23 PM
    View profile
    So much for 24hr customer service chat.

Why is it that regardless of what time it is (now 9:18pm) is the chat always busy. This is the first time I ever heard of a wait time let alone a no chat time from a company who claims to be 24hr service. I shouldn't have to call. THATS WHAT CHAT IS FOR! The frequency at which it is "busy" is inexcusable. This is a huge company, not a mom & pop set up.

I set up to record American Horror Story The Coven only to find it never recorded last Wed's episode and if I did not log in to check on it it would not have recorded last nights. I have it set up on my dbr and it says "every episode, first and rerun" yet NOTHING. I had to select it here online but I lost an entire episode. What is the point of DVR if it doesn't record.

So much for 24hr customer service chat.

7 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (7)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 23, 2013 8:42:35 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Expert

I can't speak to what went on when you tried to contact Chat support, but here is a suggestion for you.  Click on the hyperlink in my sig for AT&T Customer Care, and you will be taken to their site to send them a PM.  They are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Service and can help you get your issues and requests resolved.  Send them a PM with your info and requests and they will get in touch with you.  Watch the little blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification.  Because they will reply to you via PM as well.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: So much for 24hr customer service chat.

2 of 8 (530 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 26, 2013 7:47:58 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

I'd take RCSMG's advice because, frankly, my experience with chat has been less than impressive.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 8 (473 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 27, 2013 9:58:09 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

I am part of my company's system support and I work in chat at times.  Depending on how many agents are available and how many chat's the agent can accomodate at one time, we can have waits.  The senior chat agents I work with are skilled to handle 3 chats at one time, the newer chat agents 2 only.  I've been known to get other chats when our queues are backed up and have had 6 going at one time. So to say you can't believe chat is busy, not a fair assessment.  Not every agent can handle chat and phones are always going to be better staffed than chat.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

4 of 8 (453 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 29, 2013 8:53:45 AM
    (0)
    Tutor

I can understand that the chat service can be busy, but waiting for more than 1/2 an hour to be transferred is excessive. Shouldn't someone check in when a customer has been waiting for an inordinate length of time?

5 of 8 (417 Views)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 30, 2013 7:06:19 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

jrw1999 wrote:

I can understand that the chat service can be busy, but waiting for more than 1/2 an hour to be transferred is excessive. Shouldn't someone check in when a customer has been waiting for an inordinate length of time?

Yes, but I wouldn't have waited more than about 5 minutes before calling in.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

6 of 8 (391 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 31, 2013 7:52:04 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

I'm thinking that a firewall or popup blocker is probably keeping your chat session from getting set up.  The Chat center software just thinks you've abandoned the chat.

7 of 8 (374 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 1, 2013 4:24:49 PM
    (0)
    Guru

I agree w/ JefferMC. Sounds like a firewall or browser setting to me.

Not that is helps but for the most part ATT chat and phone support was always quick for me. Luck of the draw I guess. Good luck.

8 of 8 (351 Views)