Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 8, 2014
7:07:04 PM
View profile
So close to leaving AT&T it isn't even funny... HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

Like I typically do at least once a year... I'm having an issue with my AT&T bill.  Like every year it takes multiple phone calls, extended amounts of time and an excessive amount of transfers to people who are supposedly the person who can help but end up not being the right person.  As I checked my bill for the month I noticed that the promotional price that is supposed to be applied to my bill is not.  I called AT&T last night and was able speak with a person who seemed like she was going to be able to help the first time (I was shocked).  But she put me on hold and when she picked back up to tell me she had to have me on hold for a little longer she transferred me to the computer scripted messages - I ended up hanging up after spending 45 minutes on hold again.  So I decided to try again tonight and the person who I got a hold of was not able to help and had to transfer me again - surprise surprise!  Before transferring me I asked if I was going to have to be on hold again and she told me no that it would be a direct transfer.... guess what happened?  I waited on hold for another 25 minutes!!

Seriously what is wrong with this company? 

Like I typically do at least once a year... I'm having an issue with my AT&T bill.  Like every year it takes multiple phone calls, extended amounts of time and an excessive amount of transfers to people who are supposedly the person who can help but end up not being the right person.  As I checked my bill for the month I noticed that the promotional price that is supposed to be applied to my bill is not.  I called AT&T last night and was able speak with a person who seemed like she was going to be able to help the first time (I was shocked).  But she put me on hold and when she picked back up to tell me she had to have me on hold for a little longer she transferred me to the computer scripted messages - I ended up hanging up after spending 45 minutes on hold again.  So I decided to try again tonight and the person who I got a hold of was not able to help and had to transfer me again - surprise surprise!  Before transferring me I asked if I was going to have to be on hold again and she told me no that it would be a direct transfer.... guess what happened?  I waited on hold for another 25 minutes!!

Seriously what is wrong with this company? 

So close to leaving AT&T it isn't even funny... HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

9 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 8, 2014 7:52:54 PM
(0)
Employee
If your promotion has expjred,12 months,once a year, need to talk to RETENTIONS if interested in another 12 month promotion.
Otherwise at end of promotion term rate reverts to standard charges.
To reach RETENTIONS, state cancel at prompt.

From,Uverse terms of service agreement
Pricing a. Term Plans, Bundle Discounts. When you purchased the Service, you agreed to specific price and plan, which may have included a term of one, two, or three years (“Term Plan”). Similarly, some plans may offer a discount on the Service if you sign up for other AT&T services (“Bundle Discount”). You agree to maintain your Service and the bundled services for the applicable term. If you signed up for a Term Plan or a Bundle Discount, the price available with those plans is valid until one of the following occurs, at which time your price may revert to the then-existing price for your service: (1) the term expires; (2) you move from your current service address to another service address; or (3) you drop one of the AT&T services you were required to purchase to receive the special rate.

Billing and most office functions are Monday to Friday 8am -5pm local time,
evenings and weekends are strictly for tech support questions and to schedule repairs.
http://www.att.com/econtactus/callUs.jsp
If your promotion has expjred,12 months,once a year, need to talk to RETENTIONS if interested in another 12 month promotion.
Otherwise at end of promotion term rate reverts to standard charges.
To reach RETENTIONS, state cancel at prompt.

From,Uverse terms of service agreement
Pricing a. Term Plans, Bundle Discounts. When you purchased the Service, you agreed to specific price and plan, which may have included a term of one, two, or three years (“Term Plan”). Similarly, some plans may offer a discount on the Service if you sign up for other AT&T services (“Bundle Discount”). You agree to maintain your Service and the bundled services for the applicable term. If you signed up for a Term Plan or a Bundle Discount, the price available with those plans is valid until one of the following occurs, at which time your price may revert to the then-existing price for your service: (1) the term expires; (2) you move from your current service address to another service address; or (3) you drop one of the AT&T services you were required to purchase to receive the special rate.

Billing and most office functions are Monday to Friday 8am -5pm local time,
evenings and weekends are strictly for tech support questions and to schedule repairs.
http://www.att.com/econtactus/callUs.jsp
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: So close to leaving AT&T it isn't even funny... HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

2 of 10 (1,040 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2014 6:29:10 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hi, CMH-30!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about your recent billing issues. It sounds like your promotion may have expired.

If that's the case, we would be happy to review your account and explore your options if you send us a private message by clicking here. In your message, we'll need you to provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you.

Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a response. Meanwhile, please don't hesitate to message me with any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hi, CMH-30!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about your recent billing issues. It sounds like your promotion may have expired.

If that's the case, we would be happy to review your account and explore your options if you send us a private message by clicking here. In your message, we'll need you to provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you.

Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a response. Meanwhile, please don't hesitate to message me with any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 10 (984 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2014 6:42:03 PM
(0)
Tutor

I sent a message... lets see if I'm helped.

Also another FYI i'm on the phone with AT&T for the 3rd time in a week... guess how long my wait time is?? 45 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  When I first called it said the wait time is 5 miutes....  AT&T purposely puts people on hold until they hang up.

I sent a message... lets see if I'm helped.

Also another FYI i'm on the phone with AT&T for the 3rd time in a week... guess how long my wait time is?? 45 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  When I first called it said the wait time is 5 miutes....  AT&T purposely puts people on hold until they hang up.

4 of 10 (850 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2014 6:55:17 PM
(0)
Tutor

So I hang up after 45 minutes on hold and call back... guess what??!  The "Specalists" who I was supposed to speak to had all gone home for the day and they were just going to leave me on hold.  What is wrong with this company?

So I hang up after 45 minutes on hold and call back... guess what??!  The "Specalists" who I was supposed to speak to had all gone home for the day and they were just going to leave me on hold.  What is wrong with this company?

5 of 10 (844 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2014 9:04:36 PM
(0)
Employee
I see you did not follow my early advice to call Monday to Friday 8 AM TO 5 PM. Local time. After 5 billing is closed.
A direct transfer to a closed office is .....waiting till you hang up.
I see you did not follow my early advice to call Monday to Friday 8 AM TO 5 PM. Local time. After 5 billing is closed.
A direct transfer to a closed office is .....waiting till you hang up.

6 of 10 (838 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2014 8:00:11 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The problem with Customer Service with this and many other companies is some of the people who answer the calls.  I know a person who has Infinty, and they hate calling CS because they want to speak to a native born english speaking person.  She was promised that her the call waiting feature would be deactivated on her phone service for the past several weeks.  Each time a CSR told her it would be completed in 24 hours.  A couple of days ago she dropped the service because the CSR she spoke to told her that it would be completd in 24 hours.

A company is only as good as it's CSRs and for the most part many if not all of the service providers have the same issues with their CSRs.  What I do when I call CS or TS, if I get an uncooperative or uneducated CSR I politely end the call and call back until I get a cooperative or educated CSR.  The whole time I am respectful so that they will want to at least try to get me the help I need.  In the end I get my requests granted.  It shouldn't take all of that, but it get's me what I want.

The problem with Customer Service with this and many other companies is some of the people who answer the calls.  I know a person who has Infinty, and they hate calling CS because they want to speak to a native born english speaking person.  She was promised that her the call waiting feature would be deactivated on her phone service for the past several weeks.  Each time a CSR told her it would be completed in 24 hours.  A couple of days ago she dropped the service because the CSR she spoke to told her that it would be completd in 24 hours.

A company is only as good as it's CSRs and for the most part many if not all of the service providers have the same issues with their CSRs.  What I do when I call CS or TS, if I get an uncooperative or uneducated CSR I politely end the call and call back until I get a cooperative or educated CSR.  The whole time I am respectful so that they will want to at least try to get me the help I need.  In the end I get my requests granted.  It shouldn't take all of that, but it get's me what I want.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 10 (815 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2014 10:28:22 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi CMH-30,

We received your private message, and one of our managers will be reaching out to you soon.

Thanks,

Jenn S.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Hi CMH-30,

We received your private message, and one of our managers will be reaching out to you soon.

Thanks,

Jenn S.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

8 of 10 (797 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2014 10:21:34 AM
(0)
Tutor

Be glad you only have to call once a year! I have to call every month!!!

Be glad you only have to call once a year! I have to call every month!!!

9 of 10 (728 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2014 12:04:59 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hey, samiam68!

Was there anything in particular we could help you with? We have quite a few resourceful community members who would be happy to help.

If it's an account specific issue, I recommend you send us a private message with your contact information by clicking here.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Hey, samiam68!

Was there anything in particular we could help you with? We have quite a few resourceful community members who would be happy to help.

If it's an account specific issue, I recommend you send us a private message with your contact information by clicking here.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

10 of 10 (718 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments