So are we getting Pac 12 Network or not?

Mentor

So are we getting Pac 12 Network or not?

As some of you may know next week is the start of the college football season.

I was wondering if anyone on here has heard if we are getting Pac 12 channel before next week?

Message 1 of 35 (3,636 Views)

Re: So are we getting Pac 12 Network or not?

I keep seeing things online that say we are, but I won't believe it until I see it.  I wouldn't get my hopes up too high.

Message 2 of 35 (3,530 Views)
ACE - Master

For what it's worth: http://www.pacifictakes.com/pac-12-networks/2013/8/17/4630268/pac-12-network-u-verse-deal

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 35 (3,502 Views)
Scholar

Atlanta Journal is also reporting Uverse and Pac 12 are close to an agreement AT&T has big hub in Atlanta .
Message 4 of 35 (3,452 Views)
Teacher

Those alternate channels aren't new.

Message 5 of 35 (3,391 Views)

Ryan456 wrote:
Atlanta Journal is also reporting Uverse and Pac 12 are close to an agreement AT&T has big hub in Atlanta .

This ran yesterday (Friday) in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution:

http://www.ajc.com/feed/sports/college/pac-12-networks-u-verse-closing-in-on-deal/fT57G/

Message 6 of 35 (3,347 Views)
ACE - Professor

Ryan456 wrote:

Where AT&T has locations or advertising doesn't mean much. ... just ask Dian1950 aka Larry11 aka Paul 416 aka numerous other nicknames.... he really wanted MLB Extra Innings and MLB Network...after all, AT&T *gasp* SPONSORED a BASEBALL STADIUM!!!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 35 (3,069 Views)
ACE - Professor

baseballisback wrote:

Ryan456 wrote:

Where AT&T has locations or advertising doesn't mean much. ... just ask Dian1950 aka Larry11 aka Paul 416 aka numerous other nicknames.... he really wanted MLB Extra Innings and MLB Network...after all, AT&T *gasp* SPONSORED a BASEBALL STADIUM!!!

Hey, that's my line in reference to that character! Smiley Happy 

In a similar situation, there is a large advertisement for Gulf Oil on the right field wall at Busch Stadium in St. Louis. There has not been a Gulf Oil gas station in St. Louis for decades.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
Message 8 of 35 (3,056 Views)

You guys seem to be suggesting that we are NOT getting the Pac-12 Network after all. I am not surprised. I still have my Dish Network dish on my roof. If I wanted to go back to Dish for more sports programming it would be easy. Since there is no contract with U-Verse I could call and cancel and they will instruct me on how to return by two receivers, right? The only thing is I can't bundle Internet and phone with Dish. It would be so much easier for me if they'd just get Pac-12 on U-Verse. DirecTV doesn't have it so I can't consider them. My local cable company also doesn't have it. Only Dish does here as of right now.
Message 9 of 35 (2,856 Views)
ACE - Professor

codycooper864 wrote:
You guys seem to be suggesting that we are NOT getting the Pac-12 Network after all. I am not surprised. I still have my Dish Network dish on my roof. If I wanted to go back to Dish for more sports programming it would be easy. Since there is no contract with U-Verse I could call and cancel and they will instruct me on how to return by two receivers, right? The only thing is I can't bundle Internet and phone with Dish. It would be so much easier for me if they'd just get Pac-12 on U-Verse. DirecTV doesn't have it so I can't consider them. My local cable company also doesn't have it. Only Dish does here as of right now.

No one is suggesting that U-Verse is NOT getting the Pac-12 Network. It sounds like there is a possibility that it will happen. It is a matter of taking a wait and see attitude. When it shows up on your screen, then you will know that it is there.

Message 10 of 35 (2,805 Views)

baseballisback wrote:

after all, AT&T *gasp* SPONSORED a BASEBALL STADIUM!!!

Technically, the baseball stadium was thrown in for free as part of another deal.  I assume you're talking about AT&T Park in San Francisco?  When it was first built, it was called Pac Bell Park (as Pacific Bell paid for naming rights).  When SBC bought out Pacific Bell, it became SBC Park; when AT&T bought out SBC, it was renamed AT&T Park.

Apparently, the current rights last through 2020.

Message 11 of 35 (2,804 Views)
ACE - Professor

Actually SBC bought the old AT&T and decided that their name and brand were better than SBC.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
Message 12 of 35 (2,764 Views)

Welly Welly Welly Welly Welly Welly Well! Here it is ths day before the first scheduled game on Pac 12 Network and still no dice. I have looked all over the Internet and many have called AT&T. Some say they heard a deal is done and it will be on very soon and some say they heard that no deal will be reached and negotiatiins are over for now. Still others say they heard they haven't yet reached a deal but are working hard on it. Bottom line- AT&T reps don't actually have a clue what is going on and are just guessing. This is disappointing. We have the Big 10 Network, the yet to launch SEC Network and even the much maligned Longhorn Network, but they can't play nice with the Pac-12 Network. It stinks that AT&T decided to play hardball after a framework had reportedly been stuck so this thing has possibly been dragged out much longer than necessary,
Message 13 of 35 (1,948 Views)
Mentor

Well the first game they air is Nevada @ UCLA 8/31 so technically we still have two more days to get lucky.

Message 14 of 35 (1,933 Views)
ACE - Professor

codycooper864 wrote:
Welly Welly Welly Welly Welly Welly Well! Here it is ths day before the first scheduled game on Pac 12 Network and still no dice. I have looked all over the Internet and many have called AT&T. Some say they heard a deal is done and it will be on very soon and some say they heard that no deal will be reached and negotiatiins are over for now. Still others say they heard they haven't yet reached a deal but are working hard on it. Bottom line- AT&T reps don't actually have a clue what is going on and are just guessing. This is disappointing. We have the Big 10 Network, the yet to launch SEC Network and even the much maligned Longhorn Network, but they can't play nice with the Pac-12 Network. It stinks that AT&T decided to play hardball after a framework had reportedly been stuck so this thing has possibly been dragged out much longer than necessary,

You have given almost every type of scenario without any concrete evidence that any of it is true. Give links to show where you are getting this information. Otherwise, what you are contending has no validation. Links, please, not opinions and conjectures.

Message 15 of 35 (1,902 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.