So are we getting Pac 12 Network or not?

Mentor

So are we getting Pac 12 Network or not?

As some of you may know next week is the start of the college football season.

I was wondering if anyone on here has heard if we are getting Pac 12 channel before next week?

Message 1 of 35 (3,633 Views)

Re: So are we getting Pac 12 Network or not?

[ Edited ]

First of all, I cannot provide links with my cell phone. Secondly, we don't know what is true anyway. The point I was trying to make is that NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THE CRAP IS GOING ON BETWEEN AT&T AND PAC-12 NETWORKS. So even if I provided ten million links to show each and every website I visited, what I provided would still be no more than guess and conjecture on the part of various different people AND NOT FACTS! It is impossible for me to post facts on this situation because...THERE ARE NONE TO POST! AT&T and Pac-12 Network themselves are the only ones who really know what is going on and they aren't giving anyone the courtesy of any true updates. So all I can do is vent on this sorry mess by posting here. And you've no right to try to tell me how to go about doing that. [Please keep it courteous]

Message 16 of 35 (1,803 Views)
ACE - Professor

Then quit posting your opinion as facts.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 35 (1,741 Views)

I haven't posted anything as a fact in this thread. You people just don't interpret and comprehend what I post very well.
Message 18 of 35 (1,723 Views)

Well I guess I did post one fact. The fact that no one has any new information on the status of the Pac-12 Network's negotiations with AT&T.
Message 19 of 35 (1,720 Views)

Oh and by the way- I am going to post what I wish to anyway, no matter how much some of you dislike it or cry about it. My voice will not be silenced.
Message 20 of 35 (1,719 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

@joelifer

Actually the first game is tomorrow between Northern Arizona at Arizona.

I think it's safe to say if we don't see the channel on our guide tomorrow than we aren't getting it. Unless a deal is made sometime after that. Sucks though I was looking forward to this season but what's the point if I can't see local teams.

Message 21 of 35 (1,622 Views)

Laker Fan-

It does not look good.  Many people have taken to twitter to ask Pac-12 Networks about their status with U-Verse and they send them a canned reponse something like- "we are working hard to reach a deal and we won't stop until a deal is done."  WHY CAN'T AT&T JUST AGREE TO TERMS LIKE DISH DID!  In my opinion this is all AT&T's faullt. They had the framework of a deal done back in May, but are just being too particular about a few things and are too hardheaded to just close the deal already.  Meanwhile, big college sports fans like me are left to suffer.  That is the way I see it.  Check out Pac-12 Network's twitter: https://twitter.com/Pac12Networks.

Also, AT&T also gives a stupid canned reponse in dealing with Pac=12 Networks on their twitter like "we have nothing new to share right now, but you can make a formal channel request." https://twitter.com/Uverse/with_replies

HA!  What a joke!  You can SHARE why exactly you won't sign on the dotted line to carry a network that college sports fans want!  And that channel request form is USELESS- everyone knows that!

The bottom line is that I feel like I am being crapped on by AT&T and that in their silly battle with Pac-12 Networks I am the loser. 

I am sorry if I have offended or upset anyone on here earlier with any of my posts by the way.  I am not really a bad or confrontational person normally.  The truth is that I am just EXTREMELY frustrated and I am venting!  I though Pac-12 and U-Verse were a done deal earlier and now it looks like I am going to miss out.

Message 22 of 35 (1,516 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

codycooper864 wrote:

Laker Fan-

It does not look good.  Many people have taken to twitter to ask Pac-12 Networks about their status with U-Verse and they send them a canned reponse something like- "we are working hard to reach a deal and we won't stop until a deal is done."  WHY CAN'T AT&T JUST AGREE TO TERMS LIKE DISH DID!  In my opinion this is all AT&T's faullt. They had the framework of a deal done back in May, but are just being too particular about a few things and are too hardheaded to just close the deal already.  Meanwhile, big college sports fans like me are left to suffer.  That is the way I see it.  Check out Pac-12 Network's twitter: https://twitter.com/Pac12Networks.

Also, AT&T also gives a stupid canned reponse in dealing with Pac=12 Networks on their twitter like "we have nothing new to share right now, but you can make a formal channel request." https://twitter.com/Uverse/with_replies

HA!  What a joke!  You can SHARE why exactly you won't sign on the dotted line to carry a network that college sports fans want!  And that channel request form is USELESS- everyone knows that!

The bottom line is that I feel like I am being crapped on by AT&T and that in their silly battle with Pac-12 Networks I am the loser. 

I am sorry if I have offended or upset anyone on here earlier with any of my posts by the way.  I am not really a bad or confrontational person normally.  The truth is that I am just EXTREMELY frustrated and I am venting!  I though Pac-12 and U-Verse were a done deal earlier and now it looks like I am going to miss out.

See that bit I highlighted in red. That right there sounds like a fact, when it's your opinion.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 23 of 35 (1,501 Views)

[ Edited ]

Americangame:  Do you see where I said IN MY OPINION before where you highligted?

I think you guys are just trying to single me out bully me, upset me, and run me off.  I have sent a private mesage to a moderator saying just that.

But you win.  I won't post anymore.  What's the point?  I have become one of the most hated posters here.  I know when I am not welcome.  This is a tight-knit group obviously and I am the intruder indirectly being asked to leave.  It woud probably be better for me to return to DISH anyway. They have more of the channels that I and my household wants at this time.

Message 24 of 35 (1,479 Views)

codycooper864 wrote:

Americangame:  Do you see where I said IN MY OPINION before where you highligted?

I think you guys are just trying to single me out bully me, upset me, and run me off.  I have sent a private mesage to a moderator saying just that.

But you win.  I won't post anymore.  What's the point?  I have become one of the most hated posters here.  I know when I am not welcome.  This is a tight-knit group obviously and I am the intruder indirectly being asked to leave.  It woud probably be better for me to return to DISH anyway. They have more of the channels that I and my household wants at this time.

No, you aren't the "most hated poster on here" however you do post like you know what's going on.  You said "In my opinion this is AT&T's fault", then in a different sentence you said they had the frame work of a deal and now they are playing hard ball about minor details.  AT&T does not make it's negotations public, that is a fact.  They do not post new channels until they are in the line up for a couple of weeks, that is a fact.  While nothing has been said regarding the Pac-12 network, Titan TV did have the channel numbers listed for about a week, they have since been removed.  The last time this happened NBA Center Court showed up.  Considering that the Pac-12 network has a smaller UVerse footprint than any other college sports network, it's probably a matter of bundle placement.  UVerse is only in California and not the entire state so they are probably working on where to place it for the biggest ROI.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 25 of 35 (1,440 Views)

I live in Spartanburg, SC. This is well outside the Pac-12 footprint but I still love college sports Nd would still love to have the Pac-12 Network. Just as I often watch the Big 10 Network even though I live outside their footprint too.
Message 26 of 35 (1,404 Views)

codycooper864 wrote:
I live in Spartanburg, SC. This is well outside the Pac-12 footprint but I still love college sports Nd would still love to have the Pac-12 Network. Just as I often watch the Big 10 Network even though I live outside their footprint too.

True, I live in Dallas, would I watch the Pac-12 network, maybe, maybe not, I love college football, more so than professional. Would it be nice to have the network, yes, am I going to jump ship to a different provider because of it, no.  Again, it's all about $$$$ for AT&T. They have to weigh the costs against those who would actually watch it.  Since the Pac-12 has so many different channels, it's difficult to place it in any one bundle since again UVerse is only in a small foot print for the Pac-12.  It's not like a satellite provider which covers the entire country.  There is no UVerse in Washington, Oregon, Utah, Arizona so you are leaving out 7 schools right there at a minimum.  If it came down to adding an SEC network or a Pac-12 network, I'd rather watch SEC football over Pac-12. AT&T has a much larger coverage area for SEC football as well.  Can they add it, yes, will they add it, probably yes, do they have it right now? No. Does anyone in this forum know when it's going to be added? No.  Is AT&T going to have an official answer, if history repeats itself, no.  You will probably find out about it here two to three weeks before AT&T announces anything official.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 27 of 35 (1,354 Views)
Expert

Interesting article for those hopeful that the PAC 12 Network will be added soon:

http://www.pacifictakes.com/pac-12-networks/2013/8/30/4677094/pac-12-networks-u-verse-have-deal-in-p...

Message 28 of 35 (1,330 Views)
Scholar

Also read the NBC Bay Area article it says a deal for the Pac 12 network could be done in the next 48 hours stay tuned .
Message 29 of 35 (1,313 Views)
Mentor

@Lkrfan714 You are right I stand corrected. The first game is in an hour featuring the Lumberjacks of Northern Arizona at the Arizona Wildcats. I hope they can come to an agreement soon!
Message 30 of 35 (1,250 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.