So... I should just expect no internet/TV if I see an ATT truck parked somewhere in my neighborhood?

Highlighted

So... I should just expect no internet/TV if I see an ATT truck parked somewhere in my neighborhood?

No wi-fi and no TV for several hours.  I later noticed that my neighbor had two trucks parked out front.  Couldn't they let other users know there's going to be a disruption in service?  This is my first experience with this particular event in the 4 months I've had U-verse.  It was a hassle finally getting everything back up and working.  It didn't happen automatically and I'm not that electronically savvy. Smiley Sad

I ask this because my friend in another town has had this happen to her many, many times in the past year and a half.  She didn't have any problem, but she would see a truck parked out front of a house in her neighborhood. She had no TV, no internet and no phone.. sometimes for several days.   Unfortunately, her problems required a service call.  Usually, it was just a connection that got unplugged at the hub.  Because of this, she's probably going to switch providers.  Can't blame her.

Is this normal?  Not a good start to what I hoped would be improvement over Cox; even though I had read about the really low service ratings of ATT.  I'd like to think someone at ATT monitors these forums and is reading this.  Please teach your repairmen to do a better job....  it can't be good to be at the bottom.  

When it's working, I like my Uverse.  Wish I could get CW and Hallmark and a couple of other channels, but I'm surviving.  

Message 1 of 3 (311 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: So... I should just expect no internet/TV if I see an ATT truck parked somewhere in my neighborh

The only utility I've EVER had give me a pre-warning about a lapse in service is the water dept.

Between cable, electricity & Uverse I've NEVER had anyone knock on my door or call me and say that there would be a service outage. I've had my UV go out because someone hit the VRAD with their car.  I've had the electricity go out because a transformer blew.  Wind blows.  Lightening strikes.  Ice forms.

Not every outage can be predicted. 

It'd be nice, but maybe I'm just too old school...maybe they do warn you about an outage.  Me, personally, I've never heard of such.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (305 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: So... I should just expect no internet/TV if I see an ATT truck parked somewhere in my neighborh

Our energy provider started doing notifications recently although I have never received one when our power has been out.  Not sure if it's just a smoke and mirrors deal or not.

http://www.cpsenergy.com/Services/Alert/index.asp

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3 (238 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.